First ultrasound!

briashayy

On baby #2!!
Reaction score
So I called today and made my very first appt after looking up reviews on doctors and asking several friends opinions. I'm 8 weeks at the moment. In less than a month, September 17th, (which should land me around 12 weeks) I will be having my very first ultrasound!!!!!!! I know a couple of people have decided to opt out of doing so, but I just can't see myself doing it with how much I worry and how excited I am!!
But, it is my first baby and this is my FIRST doctors appt for the little one!! So, is there anything specific I should expect? I don't want to walk in totally clueless and be shocked by what all happens.

Also a bit random, but still fits into this. I still have absolutely no symptoms aside from being even more tired than I was before I got pregnant. So a huuuuuuge part of me is all "What if somethings wrong? What if the tests were actually false? What are you going to do when you both go in there and the doctor says that nothing is there?" For some reason these thoughts keep playing, and it's probably because I worry so much!!! I hope they are false, though!

Just make sure you go in with a full bladder. I don't know. Of anyone who has refused a scan as they can tell you so much. At that stage as well you will see what resembles a baby and not just a blob, it will move around and you will see its arms and legs. They will take measurements to give you a due date and have a quick check of baby and placenta . Scan will last no more than ten mins. Mine normally only last five which makes me wonder why you wait so long between women to get seen lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->