First Ultrasound

Ele3085

Reaction score
Hello Ladies ,
I was wondering how long I would need to wait before getting my baby's first picture . I haven't told anyone in my family yet , but I'm itching to tell someone!

On nhs its usually 12 weeks, bit you can bpok a private reassurance scan, just Google it hun, you should have somewhere near you that does them. I know down here they are about £50 xx

Do you know if those at home machines will work as good as the ones they have in offices?

I had a private scan in previous pregnancies and the images imo were better than the hospital ones. I'm thinking about getting a private scan this time because I won't be able to get one from my doctor until I'm 20 weeks. I can't wait that long to see baby again LOL.

If your sure everything is going well i told everyone at 6 weeks ds1 has a big mouth as told them straight away but 12 weeks normally for dating scan xx

My first one was at 12 Weeks.

Congratulations! :)

Do I have to wait that long to hear the heart beat as well , I think hearing that would put my nerves at ease

Heartbeat is normally done here in Suffolk at your 15 week midwife appointment as before then it can be hit and miss

Wow, not sure if it’s just different because of where everyone lives, but I’ve always been referred by my gp for a dating scan at around 7 or 8 weeks gestation. This is my 3rd baby, and I am praying that if all goes well I can go see my gp at about 6 or 7 weeks and he will refer me for my dating scan to be done within a couple of weeks from then, putting me at about 9 weeks at the latest for the official first ultrasound. My obstetrician has a small ultrasound machine in his exam room as well, and he checked for the heartbeat each time (not an official ultrasound) I had a check up with my previous pregnancy. We did pay for the dating scans out of pocket so that might just be it!?

All doctors are different. Even in the same area. My doctor doesn’t do early scans unless you’re unsure of your dates. I had an early scan due to bleeding. But I’ve had other friends with different doctors who have a scan at the first appointment around 8 weeks.

My first actual appointment is at 10.5 weeks and they will listen to the heart beat then. Other places don’t try to listen til after 12 weeks. And usually your first and only scan is the anatomy scan at 20 weeks unless you pay out of pocket elsewhere or have special circumstances

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->