Fish fingers

MissYorkshire

Reaction score
Would it be safe to give a nearly 10 month old mashed fish fingers? Like frozen birds eye ones ?

I dont mean often just when i have not had time to cook

Also what other " quick " foods are ok now and again

dont worry i dont plan on feeding her processed foods often just now and again

Thanks x

many fish fingers nowadays are relatively low in salt and contain no nasties whatsoever; we occasionally give half or one of a whole one to our boy (we are BLW) not sure about birds eye ones we get the sainburys basics ones as they are smaller than others so ideal for LO and don't contain a lot of salt nor do they contain any additives-so yes it would be safe. The only other processed frozen food we give to LO is oven chips really xx

we give ol fishfingers every now and again, he usually eats about 2, they are fine in the grand scheme of things, just look at what else your LO has that day.
ol really loves them!

The birdseye ones are fish fillet inside so I should think they are slightly better than the value ones that have mashed up fish and not sure what else inside. I give my baby fish fingers. Fishfinger and a few garden peas go down well here as finger foods. I think the biggest issue is how they are cooked. Much better oven cooked or grilled rather than chucked in the chip pan.

Have you tried the salmon fishfingers? They are yummy.

It's just fish and breadcrumbs if it is a good quality one. Just check the salt levels and additives.

brooke likes fish fingers they have taken alot of crap out off it now.

Just watch the salt level, LO has fish fingers sometimes and loves them :) x

The birdseye ones are fish fillet inside so I should think they are slightly better than the value ones that have mashed up fish and not sure what else inside. I give my baby fish fingers. Fishfinger and a few garden peas go down well here as finger foods. I think the biggest issue is how they are cooked. Much better oven cooked or grilled rather than chucked in the chip pan.

Have you tried the salmon fishfingers? They are yummy.

The sainsburys basic ones have fillet inside.

The sainsburys basics one are wicked - you can't argue for 60p and Ruby loves them! They're proper fish fillet but pollack instead of cod which is more sustainable anyway.

I'm not sure why you'd mash them for a 10 month old, they're fine just cut up.

Gem has had birds eye fish fingers for ages.. loves them.

xx

My HV recommended them (or at least the fish inside them) as a good way of introducing fish to a baby. Havent tried it yet but it might be tonight's dinner!

Mizze xx

Millicents had them a few times, oven cooked with some veg. She likes them, wouldn't say its her favourite food though.
x

The sainsburys basics one are wicked - you can't argue for 60p and Ruby loves them! They're proper fish fillet but pollack instead of cod which is more sustainable anyway.

I'm not sure why you'd mash them for a 10 month old, they're fine just cut up.

yep and pollock has omega 3 as well, LO has the whole fish finger or half of it and he is 8 months xx

Thanks for the info about the sainbury ones. Sounds like a bargain I will look out for those.

Often if something says "white fish" not cod - it will be pollack - as a nation we are obsessed with cod almost to its extinction- bring on the pollack I say!

Mizze x

Sophie has them on occasion but she's not very sure of the breadcrumbs!! She's much happier if I just pick out the fish from the inside for her.

xx

i strip off the breadcrumbs but dont think there's much wrong with it! theres a homemade recipe in my BLW cookbook using polenta if you'd rather make and freeze that, i'll write it up when Joel goes down for a nap

What do you serve the fish fingers with? Want to give them a go next week, but have a feeling a fish finger on its own won't be a great meal! :haha: x

LO loves fishfingers, ok there special allergy ones but hes been having them since about a year. I never mashed them just cut them up into smaller bits

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->