Fish

Emmea12uk

The Folic acid police!
Reaction score
Anyone introduced fish?

he will eat tuna happily, but today i gave him salmon in potato and he actually retched - half an hour later i tried again and he retched again!! I made and froze some haddock too - i dont think he will eat that either...

Anyone got any good ideas? It is sooo good for them!

Josh loves tuna and salmon... I bought frozen salmon the other day (we put that in our pasta) and he spat it out and gave me such a look, like he was saying ''this isn't fresh salmon ewwwwww'' Fussy boy. :dohh:

it might just take a couple of tries?

A bit O/T but I read somewhere that boys are allowed 4 portions of fish a week but girls are only allowed 2....does anyone know why that is?!

How about a fish pie? Put some cod in some mash and chuck in a few veges , ella adores this!

OK now im confused lol everyone around me was telling me , max cant have fish until hes 9 months ??

we started both ours on fish at 6 months, both started on cod, rhys now loves fish pie with any type of non smoked fish in it

i think to be honest, the advice given has so much diversity you are best off just going by experiece and intuition.

haven't given actual fish as I don't eat it or cook it. She has had fish baby jars though, she doesn't really seem to enjoy them though

Kyle lovess tuna! And loves munching on some fish fingers, thats all i've tried him with. I cant stand fish and find it really hard to even stomach the smell!

Fish is excellant for babies - everyone has heard of omega 3 fish oil - it helps brain development and is a must in children!

You can give fish from 6 months old, some people will recommend higher, but it is really up to you. there is no evidence to say babies under 9 months shouldnt have it, but i would watch out for mercury content.

I know tom will only eat what i like - he has to see me enjoy it before he will then enjoy it. So if you hate fish, chances are your baby will hate fish too. i think it is all about what you give it to them with, and stronger fishy flavours have to be well discuised in good receipes.

You dont have to at all. It is up to you really. They recommend twice a week, but that is just a recommendation - they recommend a lot of things

Fish is excellant for babies - everyone has heard of omega 3 fish oil - it helps brain development and is a must in children!

You can give fish from 6 months old, some people will recommend higher, but it is really up to you. there is no evidence to say babies under 9 months shouldnt have it, but i would watch out for mercury content.

I know tom will only eat what i like - he has to see me enjoy it before he will then enjoy it. So if you hate fish, chances are your baby will hate fish too. i think it is all about what you give it to them with, and stronger fishy flavours have to be well discuised in good receipes.

Totally agree. The only main ones to watch out for regarding the mercury is Fresh Tuna and swordfish and Fresh shark.....hmm thats if you fancy that lol!

probably most of the guidlines are there due to the bones. Stick to tail ends of the fillet if you buy it fresh or make sure you check it thoroughly.

can ciaran get fish fingers at 9 months ?

I would say as long as they are good quality ones as the cheapos are all guts and heads processed into chunks.
Check the label though for the ingredients of the breadcrumbs like if it has too much salt and crap etc.

could mix it with something he likes?
my friend introduced liver to her baby and he didn';t like it so she waited for a week and tried again and he didn't like it so she waited another week and the week after he took some more,.. she kept doing this and finally he took it fine..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->