Fist Chomping

Naimi

Reaction score
Morning,

Just wondered if your babies chomp on their fists as much as Matthew does. At first his only did it when he was due for a feed, but now its all the time he's awake pretty much. After a feed when you think he's full because he doesn't want to take anymore, he'll be shoving his fist in his mouth. When he's just sat in his chair, pushchair, on my lap ... he's always got his fist in his mouth.

I'm assuming its just because he's learned something new, he's figured out he can chomp on them, but could it also be that he's not getting enough and is still hungry? Everything I've read about it suggests they are either teething or ready for solids, but at 10 weeks I thought that was too early for both of those.

Any input/opinions would be appreciated :)
Naimi xx

It's could be teething, or just that he's properly found his fist and enjoys it :)

Adam does it alot, i think its teething

x

Kaya's been doing it for the last two months, she's finding her thumb now. It's a developmental stage that they seem to go through.

Callum has been doing this for weeks, i think at first it was just that he had "found" his hands, then after a while i thought he may have been teething but i dont think he is and now im wondering if maybe he is ready for solids. He had 3 bottles thru the night last nite.

Aaron does this a lot now, with lots of dribbling involved! :baby: I've read in several books that they do this a few months before proper teething starts. Makes it harder to tell when he's actually hungry though!

Caitlins a hand chewer too :D

I was thinking she was hungry but she'd just had abottle, won't take any more so I let her be now and she can chew away :lol:

Noah does this too!

As soon as he was born and they sat him on me and he was sucking his index & middle finger, he done that for a few weeks and then started putting his fist in his mouth. Now cos his fist is to big he has his fingers in his mouth and he just chomps away!

tyler does this to all the time he even gets red knuckles from chomping i do wonder if he's teething as im sure he's not hungry.

Olivia loves eating her fingers. Shes always dribbling too... Ive run my fingers round her gums and cant feel anything so I guess that its just because she has found them... Today she has been trying to pull at her toes allso... I think its just her finding different parts of her body.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->