fitness/working out

mecia

Reaction score
I'm 11 weeks, and want to start my workouts again. Just to keep legs and arms toned. Anyone else trying to keep fit? What workouts are you doing?

I've kept to my usual workout but reduced the times, I'm 6 weeks and haven't had my first scan yet, I've had two losses this past year and with both I had stopped working out to be safe, i put on lots of weight and generaly felt uncomfortable and miserable, but after lots of research and advice from my epu consultant, I'm sticking with it this time,
I do 30 mins on the elliptical (reduced from 1hr) and a 45 min speed walk, inclined (instead of running) 4 days a week, I also do the quick fit to keep my arms and legs toned, and cut out all abdominal work,
I feel great and my tummy is still flat compared to the Huge bloat I had with my last two pregnancy's, I looked 6 months not 6 weeks!
Obviously I'll reduce when needed,
my first scan is on Monday the 28th, I'll remind my consultant again about my exercise routine just to be sure, but I see so many pregnant women in my gym and I'm amazed how they snap back after, honestly exercise kept me sane through TTC and my two losses, it's my anti d!

I am almost 12 weeks and started yoga again last week ,I've done yoga for many years though but couldn't do much the first 10 weeks cause i felt horrible and had a bleed
i feel good again and I am loving going to yoga . I am doing prenatal and normal yoga ,both equally exhausting and relaxing in a good way .
i really want to be fit for the birth and prenatal yoga is very focused on that , my arms ,legs and bum are feeling it !
Is important to listen to your body though , if you are exahusted or fatigued better rest than exercise..,the first trimester takes a lot of energy out of us .
I couldn't move until i hit my 11thwek where I felt human again :)

Hey guys, any idea how I can find a prenatal yoga class in my area? thanks x

I've been running but I haven't been out in the last 6 days due to really bad weather and feeling so sick. I hadn't missed a workout in 8 months until this week but I can't motivate myself at all. I guess its partly due to the beginnings of spd again and the fact that when I run my pelvis hurts for days afterwards. I'm determined to keep it up though, but right now I'm just being kind to myself and taking it easy.

I kept up with my regular fitness regime throughout my first trimester - yoga twice a week, bootcamp twice a week, and a pilates class twice a week.

As second trimester came on I let go of the bootcamps - I was just too out of breath.

Now that I have entered the third trimester I try to do some yoga at home but I have stuck with the pilates and I teach dance 3 evenings a week. I can't do much more than that as I work full time as a 9-5er.

I'm hoping to keep up my running, I haven't done anything the last couple of weeks because the wx has been miserable but I've booked in with the gym on Sunday to have a workout plan review. I had just previously been spending my time running as I did a half marathon last month but I'm hoping to do some light weights to keep my arms toned :)

Thanks ladies.
I didn't work out at all while pregnant with my son, so I want to make sure i stay toned through this one. My doctor said weights are fine, as lone as they are under 20 lbs and no lying flat on my back.
Hopefully I can stay motivated!

I lifted heavy weights before getting pregnant and I am still lifting 4x/week though it's early days for me and I may incorporate different activities such as swimming as the pregnancy progresses.

The difference in my current training compared to pre-pregnancy is that I need to pull back instead of push through when the going gets really tough and rest more if I need more rest. I no longer push for PBs all the time. I think keeping fit & healthy during a pregnancy is one of the best things that you can do!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->