five weeks and bleeding

precious77

Reaction score
I'm just over five weeks pregnant today I started bleeding with pain,I've got a scan tomorrow morning,but the nurse said I Will probably just go ahead and miscarry. I'm 35 so know it more likely to happen,I'm so worried

Thinking of you and hoping for the best! Sorry you have to go through this!

It's always worrying, so sorry you're going through it at the moment =(
The nurse really shouldn't have been so harsh. Yes you are in a higher risk group for miscarriage, but that doesn't mean you will necessarily do so. Spotting and even bleeding is quite common early on in pregnancy, and doesn't mean a guaranteed worst case scenario (I've been through it myself, both with a miscarriage as well as a health girl). The pain could be normal too, as stretching pains are frequent and can be really painful early on.

Keeping everything crossed for you for tomorrow

Thank you for your replies, my husband cant even come with me because of work so dreading it even more.
Think have early night try block it out

Okay so you're in a higher risk group, but that is not a reason to assume the worse. I bled at 5 weeks as well, and now I'm 11 and carrying normal. Best wishes to you.

I also bled in my early stages and they thought I would lose my baby but it turned out I had placenta previa, its where the placenta is in the wrong place I bled for 3 weeks then the placenta moved and it all went to normal.

I had so much bleeding the day before my official five weeks that I thought there was no way possible I was still pregnant. I thought I was getting my AF and just gave up. I stopped bleeding the next day and the light morning sickness I was having came back. I went to the urgent care and had a scan and all is well. Just some bleeding (it was really a lot) in my uterus NEAR baby but that's all.

I'm sorry that you are having pains. That makes it so much more worrisome for you I'm sure. I'm 37 so I understand how scary it is. I hope this is helpful for you, even if it is a little TMI. I'm SOOOOO GASSY!!! I have been having some pretty unpleasant cramps as a result. Sometimes it's really hard for me to tell exactly where it's coming from and I think it's like MC pains and I find out embarrassingly that it wasn't.

The actual scan is no big deal. It's only uncomfortable because it's unfamiliar. It wasn't painful at all. It's 30 minutes of the US tech clicking the machine here and there. I'm a pretty big girl and I thought she'd have to dig in with some force when she was on the outside but she didn't have to so I was pretty comfortable even though I was convinced she was going to tell me I wasn't pregnant.

Do your best to stay calm. Cry a little if you need to. Or a lot. I did. But take heart that, either way, you're going to get some answers. And knowing, whether it's good or bad, is so much better.

i dont know why doctors and nurses in the states are always so negative to people. i bleed at 5weeks and spotted a bit and called my doc's emergency number. she was very calming and reassuring and just told me to come in the morning for a quick scan. i went she did a scan and all was well. she assured me me that bleeding in early pregnancy is very common and can be from the baby implanting, and the uterine lining due to the extra production of blood some can leak. keep your head up sweety :hugs:

I'm so sorry for your worry, please update when you can. xoxo

Thank you all for your replies,had my scan they weren't expecting to see anything as its so early,but there was a small sac with a little yolk in it. I've got to go back in two weeks to check heartbeat. I feel a bit better but will worry until I see a heartbeat.
Thank you for all your support i can't tell you how much it helps xx

oh thats frantastic! u have nothing to worry about sweety :hugs2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"