five year old missing!!

TaylorsMummyx

Reaction score
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/search-under-way-girl-5-goes-missing-224915917.html

Im sorry but who lets there 5 year old dd out to play with her friends at 7pm!?

I really really hope shes found soon :cry:

I really don't think putting blame on the parents is fair.. They live in a tiny Welsh village and were obviously not thinking she would be snatched from the doorstep. Or that someone would coax her into a van. I wouldn't let my LO outside on her own, but I live on a second story maisonette. As easy as it is to blame them, you can guarantee they are already torturing themselves. I cannot fathom what they must be going through, it is every parent's worst nightmare.

I hope and pray they find this little girl safe and sound. It hurts my heart to think of the possibilities though I try not to. Whoever took her is a sick, disgusting human being and I hope they rot in hell.

oh god i agree, dont blame the parents at all. I feel for them soo much, my dd is nearly 5. I think they should search further afield though not just in the village, i hope and pray shes found soon!

That was my first thought too, that why was she out at that time but those poor parents what they must be going through.
It's just very rare there's a good outcome with this situation. Hope whoever has this little girl can find some ounce of good and return her. I doubt it.:cry:

I also feel for the little girl who was there to witness it. Playing with her friend and then suddenly she's taken away. Heart breaking. Will be watching for developments to this..

I agree with Gem, blaming the parents helps no one - as does been so fast to judge. I am sure there are things I do as a parent that other people don't do - and I'm sure other patents do things that I would never do - but we make decisions based on our own experiences and we have no idea about the area etc this little girl was in.

Some monster has taken a little girl, her parents are going through hell. It really helps no one to start blaming the parents.

In an ideal world our children should be safe to play out in the street. Its because of these sick individuals we can't take our eyes off our children.

I was never allowed to play out for that reason. I had very overprotective parents.

I dont blame the parents of this little girl, I just hope they get her back very soon. Makes me think whats the world bloody coming to when people take small kids off the street :cry:

It's shocking that this has happened, but I agree blaming the parents and saying 'who lets a child play out' helps no-one, kids should be able to play out without worrying about what sick individuals may do tbh x

i agree kids should be allowed out to play, but at 5yo sand 7pm at night, doesnt go. if it was straight after school fair enough.

Its awful!

I really hope she is found safe and well.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-19795761#TWEET247681

I read this, this morning and I don't know why but when they asked a man who's daughter went to April's school I just got a funny feeling about what he said, I'll quote him

"Everybody just wants her back, really.

"Whatever we've got to do, we'll do it. We're just hoping for the best, that she's closer rather than further away."

I really don't know why I felt funny reading this!

Im sorry, but at 5 years old, who else should be blamed?

I know this isnt going to help the situation, but really, a 5 yr old, playing outside at 7pm in October, in the dark. The fact they live in a small Welsh village is irrelevant.

I dont have a 5 yr old yet but i certainly dont think that its responsible parental behaviour to allow such a small child to be outside playing at that time.

If it had been a case of, she ran out of the home unawares to her parents and this is how she was taken, then fine, theres little that couldve stopped that happening, but this wasnt the case, they knew where she was, they allowed her out.

If god forbid i was in a similar situation, i would be kicking myself for letting my five yr old out at such a time when at that hour, she really should have been in her pyjamas and about to be tucked up in bed.

Its a sad situation and i feel enormously for the parents, i really do, but they need to take responsibility for this, as well as the person who has taken her.

She should never have been put in that position in the first place.

7.30pm out playing in the dark is not where a 5 yo should be, not matter how safe the community is.

I don't think this is going to end well at all.

Its not a choice majority of us would have made I agree, but I think how the parents must be feeling right now not knowing whether their daughter is alive or dead is punishment in itself.
I didn't really know how to word that, I hope I got it right

My first thought - Oh god how awful, i hope they find her safe and unharmed soon.
My second thought - Who lets a 5year old play outside without supervision, let alone at 7.30?

Its NOT fair to blame the parents and i bet they are absolutely devastated but it just goes to show that you cannot leave children alone now adays :nope: :(

I Pray she is found safe and well i really do.

But i have to admit that after being shocked and saddend by the whole situation i did say to my husband that at 5 years old i thought she was out a little late,Kids should be able to play out without the fear of abduction,But sadly in my honest oppinion they cant.

Such and awful story and my point of view is irelevant compaired to how her poor parents must be feeling.

It's just awful :( poor little girl I really hope she's found safe & sound.

I hope she's found safe, it's so sad!
But I can't help but think like some of the others why is a 5 year old out at that time if night, shouldn't she be in bed or getting ready to go to bed?!
And if she wasn't let out at that time of night, in the dark without an adult would she have been taken?????????

I don't think anyone's directly blaming the parents:shrug:
Things like this happen at all hours of the day but it doesn't stop me thinking it was late for a 5 yr old to be out.

All I'm saying is that it's early to be making judgements about her poor parents. I heard that her parents had been to a parents evening, which is probably why she was still up. Who knows that they weren't supervised, and that the adult hasn't just popped inside or been distracted? Personally of course I don't think it's okay for a five year old to be out alone at that time and in the dark, but when none of us know what actually happened I just think its cruel to be putting the blame on the parents.

@ Sarah.

When its something thats beyond the parents control, like she went out, without permission whilst they were distracted then it would be harsh blaing the parents, however if they had just let her go out at 7.30 pm, with permission to play then i do feel that thats very bad judgement on the parents part...they should be taking some responsibility for doing that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->