five year old missing!!

Oh lord. Everyone is going to have an opinion one way or another but I don't think circumstances should ever be ASSUMED..

How do we know she wasn't being watched and maybe they popped in for a moment? How do you know exactly where she was situated? Vague details have only been reported. Nothing solid. These type of stories always develop overtime and I will save my judgement until then.

Every single time it always comes down to blame and assuming and how the parents are responsible.. Why don't we just focus on the little girl and getting her back? It's awful no matter what. The person to blame is the disgusting asshole who took her and I hope he's caught and beaten the shit out of!

I hope she is found safe an well soon.

I live in London and its not that uncommon to see children younger than April playing out alone.

Jem, I am giving an opinion on the details that have been given...that is allowed. :flow:

ETA - Never mind, to each there own, i just dont thin 7.30pm is a suitable time for such a young child to be outside playing.

I think the reports that she was playing out with others are why people are taking it to mean u.supervised and no adult had just popped in for a minute, its not assumption its based on what has been reported

i wholeheartedly agree with what lellow said. We have a duty of care towards our children and tbh just because people have seen younger kids out later ire because its common in certain areas does not make it ok. ever.

I just want to add i totally feel for her parents

Also, can I just say, that if it hadn't been this little girl - you can guarantee it would have been another. Whether she was tucked up in bed or playing outside at 12pm.

Do you know what is sad? I've read in a few places today things like oh it is going to be another family who are involve and after money/publicity.

I find that really sad, that people dont think a case is genuine and therefore might not help just because of some stupid people who did that.

Jem, I am giving an opinion on the details that have been given...that is allowed. :flow:

Can I ask, based on the info given, would you allow your 5 yr old daughter out to play at 7.30pm?

I understand, and no I wouldn't. But if I did, and she was taken I would be absolutely heartbroken that people were focusing on my parental skills instead of my little girl potentially being taken by a paedophile. These parents must be absolutely torturing themselves. Yes - it was a lapse in judgment. You should never assume anywhere is safe. But does that mean they don't love their daughter with everything they have? No I don't think so.

I think the reports that she was playing out with others are why people are taking it to mean u.supervised and no adult had just popped in for a minute, its not assumption its based on what has been reported

i wholeheartedly agree with what lellow said. We have a duty of care towards our children and tbh just because people have seen younger kids out later ire because its common in certain areas does not make it ok. ever.

I didnt say it was okay. My eight, seven and four year old have never been out without me, ever. I was just saying that it isnt uncommon even in a place that is seen to be unsafe such as London. It still surprises me when I see three, four and five year olds out alone.

I didnt say it was okay. My eight, seven and four year old have never been out without me, ever. I was just saying that it isnt uncommon even in a place that is seen to be unsafe such as London. It still surprises me when I see three, four and five year olds out alone.

I know and i didn't direct my comment toward you personally. In dundee its not uncommon to see under 10s out until midnight. heartbreaking really

Similar here Suzi, especially through school holidays. It is quite the norm here for children 3+ to be out until about 8ish maybe 9 in the summer. I think most people here think I am over-protective for not letting mine out alone.

My issue with a 5 year old being out at 7:30 on a school night is just that - she should be in bed - my issue isnt that she shouldnt be out incase she gets abducted that can happen at anytime of day, to anyone, any age.......also the 'cant let children play out these days' i disagree with.... this sort of thing has happened throughout time there just wasnt the media there is now ........

Can I ask, based on the info given, would you allow your 5 yr old daughter out to play at 7.30pm?

I understand, and no I wouldn't. But if I did, and she was taken I would be absolutely heartbroken that people were focusing on my parental skills instead of my little girl potentially being taken by a paedophile. These parents must be absolutely torturing themselves. Yes - it was a lapse in judgment. You should never assume anywhere is safe. But does that mean they don't love their daughter with everything they have? No I don't think so.

The main focus is the little girl who has gone missin, thats the most important thing.

But like in any investigation, you also have to look at the events building up the the abduction, to piece together how a five yr got to be taken at such a hour where most children of her age would be in bed or at least at home safe.

As we all know, alot of cases where children are involved like this, the events never always turn out to be as clear cut as they first seem.

The parents decision to allow her out at that time does need to be questioned at the very least.

Im sorry, but at 5 years old, who else should be blamed?

I know this isnt going to help the situation, but really, a 5 yr old, playing outside at 7pm in October, in the dark. The fact they live in a small Welsh village is irrelevant.

I dont have a 5 yr old yet but i certainly dont think that its responsible parental behaviour to allow such a small child to be outside playing at that time.

If it had been a case of, she ran out of the home unawares to her parents and this is how she was taken, then fine, theres little that couldve stopped that happening, but this wasnt the case, they knew where she was, they allowed her out.

If god forbid i was in a similar situation, i would be kicking myself for letting my five yr old out at such a time when at that hour, she really should have been in her pyjamas and about to be tucked up in bed.

Its a sad situation and i feel enormously for the parents, i really do, but they need to take responsibility for this, as well as the person who has taken her.

I agree completely.

Based on whats being reported in the news now it seems she was out playing unsupervised which imo is mad. Shes only 5 and it was dark at 7pm last night.

Hope she is found safe but stories like this dont tend to end well :( lets hope this little girl is the exception

It's been reported there were several children with April at the time who witnessed her get in to a van. I don't think April's parents were the only ones who really thought it was safe. But then they must all be bad parents.

I think it's all too easy to judge when it isn't you that it's happened to is all I'm saying. Sometimes kids go missing from their own bedrooms. I just think we need to focus a lot more of the blame onto the sicko who's taken her. But hey ho, I seem to be the only one with that opinion :haha:

My first thought was concern for the girl and I hope and pray she is found safe and well.

My second thought like a lot of others was who lets their child play out at that time of night, but really its neither here no there whats done is done and lets just concentrate on getting this poor little girl back where she belongs

My third thought and I hate myself for thinking this, but what if the family was involved somehow, we all remember the case of Shannon Matthews, like I said I hate myself for thinking this and hope to god this isnt the case.

Obviously people are more concerned about her being found safe and the animal who took her being punished.

Though if whats currently being reported is true and she was alone with friends playing in the dark at night then it needs to be acknowledged that if she were where most other 5 year olds should be at 7pm (which is at home with a responsible adult this wouldn't be happening.

Saying kids go missing from their bedrooms to me is like saying well anything is risky so why even try. Being a parent is about making your kids as safe as possible. A child that young playing outside at night i not doing that.

I saw this on fb last night within an hour of her going missing. I think it is completely unresponsible of her parents to let out a 5 year old at that time and she was still in her school uniform she should been at home getting ready for bed at tgat time, i dont thibk its going to be a happy ending unfortunately. poor little girl i hope im wrong.

Eurgh this story is HORRIBLE. I agree with everything Lellow said. This was so preventable, she just shouldn't have been out at that time in October. It was dark and cold, fgs! Doesn't that say enough, not to mention it was also a school night. That child should have been at home. Different if it was a nice summer's day at midday and she was out cycling whilst being watched by parents. But she wasn't. And what's done is done.

Sadly, I don't see this ending well at all. But I hope to god it does. I've shared the missing poster that's going about on my fb wall :(

I don't how the fact she lives in a tiny close knit village makes any difference as to why she was out in the dark at 5 years old. We live in a tiny rural village where everyone knows everyone but I still wouldn't let a 5 year old out on the street at mid day never mind half 7 at night.
I'm not pinning the blame on the parents but if she was in bed like most other children her age she would still be with them now :( no it doesn't give anyone the right to take a child of theyre out late but the opportunity should never have been there.
Nevertheless I hope she is found safe and well and return to her parents. I can't imagine how distressing it must be.

I completely agree with natasha2605 :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"