five year old missing!!

You dont know how old the other children were tat were with her that could possibily be older letting a 5yo out at that time is very unresponsible as a parent i believe she was in a park with one friend the otger kids were just in the park and witnessed it it was reported that april never came home and her friend went home and aprils parents went to her friends home to find out where she was so that kind of rulea out both sets of parens being oout with them. Theres no one else to blame but the parents the girl shouldnt have been out it is niave to think she was safe look at the world we live in it isnt safe!

To be honest with you - likely the person who took her is someone she's seen before as she went without any hesitation. Either way - whether she was out at 7pm or flipping 3pm I hope more than anything she's found safe. Whatever the circumstances the main thing to do right now is get her face out in the public as much as possible and try to search as much of the area as possible. She's such a beautiful little girl, amazing smile. This story is breaking my heart.

I really hope she is found safe & well :-(

It's absolutely awful :( I hope she is found soon, the parents must be going through hell right now :(

I really hope she's found safe & well. it's such a cruel world we live in, really makes me worry! :nope:

Can I just say, the village has 2,000 residents, in my mind that is not a tiny village. I'm watching sky news its totally hearbreaking. I agree at 5 she should have been in, it was reported that they had just come back from a parents evening and her mum went into make dinner, I bet she wishes with every bone in her body she could change that decision, but I really do not think its helpful for the whole country to be bashing them, I'm sure they are doing it enough for everyone!

It isnt dark here at 7pm, and from the girls I know who live in Wales it isnt dark there either. Nor was yesterday cold here. We cant make the presumptions that just because it is dark or cold where we are, it is where they are.

Apparently they had just got back from a meeting at the school, so her Mum let her play out for ten minutes whilst they sorted food out. It wasnt a normal every day thing for her, and she wasnt in the park either but dont her roa which is a cul-de-sac.

Now I still personally wouldnt let my child out at five years old on their, be that when it is dark or light, middle or the afternoon or evening, in our road or in the park. BUT they did and now they are having to live with the consequences in the worst possible way. They must be saying over and over why did I let her go out etc?

Can I just say, the village has 2,000 residents, in my mind that is not a tiny village. I'm watching sky news its totally hearbreaking. I agree at 5 she should have been in, it was reported that they had just come back from a parents evening and her mum went into make dinner, I bet she wishes with every bone in her body she could change that decision, but I really do not think its helpful for the whole country to be bashing them, I'm sure they are doing it enough for everyone!

See I think that is a tiny village but then I live in London and my borough alone has 210,000 people living in it x

I completely agree with lellow.

My heart goes out to the parents but a d year old shouldn't be out at 7pm. It is just not child abduction I am frightened off but what if she got hit by a car. I do believe the parents need to take some responsibility. It is every parents worst nightmare and I really hope she is found safe and well.

I used to live in a really small village called Hartley, that has a population of 5000 and I used to describe it as tiny. I worked in the one local grocery store with my Mum (and brothers and sisters) and knew almost everyone in the village, and everyone knew my family :haha:

See I think that is a tiny village but then I live in London and my borough alone has 210,000 people living in it x
I live just outside Oxford and the villages around here are tiny, and have way less than 2,000 people in them, I guess everything is relative and it depends on where your from, but to my mind it is not a tiny village xx

Hindsights a great thing!

Hope this little girl is found safe and well.

I can only imagine her parents are already torturing theirselfs about
letting April out at that time of night.

Yes she was and shouldn't have been.... But that helps find her how?

God forbid anything ever happen to little April they will live with that fact forever.

In my area children play out from school age and up, My eldest has been playing out since she was 6 she is 7 and a half now,........... i dont think the time of day/night matters as although this kind of thing is very rare and its even more rare that a stranger takes a child, i do not think the time of day makes a difference most case's i have heard off happen during the day....a child isnt 100% safe out alone at anytime or even with a parent in a busy park busy chatting to their friends or even a shopping mall.

hope she is found safe soon x

Its a hard one, I don't think you can really blame the parents and i'm sure they're kicking themselves now for whats happened but they shouldn't really let her play out at that time, it went dark yesterday at 7.15 by us so to have a 5 year old out at that time is not right IMO. I really hope shes found safe and well xxxx

I agree with Gem, blaming the parents helps no one - as does been so fast to judge. I am sure there are things I do as a parent that other people don't do - and I'm sure other patents do things that I would never do - but we make decisions based on our own experiences and we have no idea about the area etc this little girl was in.

Some monster has taken a little girl, her parents are going through hell. It really helps no one to start blaming the parents.

Blaming them doesnt help now, but they sure should get a bollocking about it. I'm sure that the things you do don't potentially put your child in a risky situation. Xx

It's shocking that this has happened, but I agree blaming the parents and saying 'who lets a child play out' helps no-one, kids should be able to play out without worrying about what sick individuals may do tbh x

I agree they should be allowed out to play, but I think it's naive to think that these things can never happen, especially in this day and age. So in this instance, the parents have been irresponsible x

First thing my mum said to me was, what were the parents thinking?

Where I live now it's classed as a village, but there is no way I would allow my child out alone, but i live in a bust street, and it's a mixed bunch of society, with more affluent mixed with social housing.

Where I used to live the village was tiny, 140 houses! No cars, let's of open spaces and people let there children play outside, as young as 3 unsupervised, I would cringe, my SIL lived across the street and would leave her kids play outside with no supervision.

I then watched worlds worse mum, a realty show that shows that kids who have less restrictions and actually safer, it's interesting and I'm not 100% converted, but I did make sense to me, educate our kids rater than restrict them. Those children know not o go into a van with people she didn't know and know what to do in that circumstance, I.e. run o nearest house and seek help, scream etc.

If the child was educated or kept at home, this wouldn't have happened.

The timing as bad, she should have been in bed or at least getting ready for bed, which makes you wonder about the parents, especially as its getting dark much easier and cold etc.

Saying that, the person who should be blamed is thenp person who took her and that's who the anger and finger should be pointed at. The parents didnt secure their daughter the way I would have,new don't know the circumstances though, there might have been a hundred reasons why she was out, at the end of the day the abductor to it blame.

I agree with Gem, blaming the parents helps no one - as does been so fast to judge. I am sure there are things I do as a parent that other people don't do - and I'm sure other patents do things that I would never do - but we make decisions based on our own experiences and we have no idea about the area etc this little girl was in.

Some monster has taken a little girl, her parents are going through hell. It really helps no one to start blaming the parents.

Blaming them doesnt help now, but they sure should get a bollocking about it. I'm sure that the things you do don't potentially put your child in a risky situation. Xx

Get a bolicking for what exactly though? Letting their child play outside their hous on her bike and what some people don't think is a unreasonable time? Just because you wouldn't do it doesn't mean its wrong. Theres no law agaimst it
I have 16, 6 and 3 year old daughters and the yoinger 2 never play out but that doesn't mean I'm a better parent than them or they deserve the nightmare they are goimg through right now. I feel so sorry for these parents. They have made a mistake which.they may have to live with for the rest of their lives. The only person.to blame is the person who thoight they had a right to take someones child.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->