Flaky dry nipples??

Babycuddles

Mum of 1
Reaction score
Hello Ladies,

I just noticed my nipples are a little flaky and dry, they look like they are chapped :shrug:

Please does anyone know if this is normal & why it happens.

Thanks

Im not sure why it happens, but it has happened to me off and on. i just try to make sure I keep them moisturized.

I don't know why either, but mine are too so I guess it's normal x

Yep, apparently normal..... Another wonderful symptom :)

Once they are less sensitive try and use a wash cloth on them to toughen them up for bfing as well as helping the dead skin to come away, and moisturize too.

My mom said this one tip of getting ur nips prepared is REALLY helpful and doesn't take much extra to do....

I'm having the same problem. I'm only 9 weeks and have went from a 38DD to 40DDD already... My mom said its probably cause the skin is stretching so quickly?!?!

Well your boobs and tummy make changes quite early to prepare for the birth - your body has raging hormones which make boobs larger.
This site gives a bit more insight - https://www.marchofdimes.com/pregnancy/yourbody_breastchanges.html

If u don't already have a sports bra to sleep in, it's recommended and helps a LOT!

sxb - I totally understand u, I wear the same size and it's getting hard to fit any bras normally without falling out... But they will probably get larger close to or shortly after birth when milk comes in - so I'm trying to hold off on buying bras until I know what size I'll be.

I had recently went in for my first ultrasound on jan 5 2015, the babies heartbeat was unable to be heard, I have decided to wait a week and get another one done along with blood work, but shorty after we went home I noticed both my breasts were sore, and flacky, not until i put lotion on them did they feel any better, i am still experiencing being tired allot, but mainly im heartbroken that my dream could be dying.:cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->