flashing dots in my vision

kiwilove

Reaction score
I have had flashing dots on and off during this pregnancy, maybe 4 times. They had always lasted only a minute and then went away...well today they were so bad I could barely see for a moment and it continues to come and go for the last 3-4 hours. I went and got my blood pressure checked at the drugstore and BP is normal. Any one else experience this? I didnt get a headache with it, just a little dizzy and sick feeling.

Hmm that is a bit strange.... This was one of my first symptoms of preeclampsia with my first... If you have any swelling headaches, reduced fetal mvmt anything like that go straight to hospital. Did they take a urine sample? What was your BP do you know?

Definitely something to be vigilant about. Get plenty of rest and relax lovely.

Xxx

Thank you. I just went to the drugstore to check my BP it was 122/67, The print out said normal range. MY hands are slightly swollen, but not much and they usually are. No headaches just dizziness. More braxton hicks then usual today, a little less movement but not by much, I am assuming because I have more braxton hicks then usual.

I had some weird visual disturbances which I wrote a thread about. I went to the Dr about it today and he said he thinks it was ocular migraine. I had zig zag lights and a blind spot in my vision. The flashing lights can be caused by a sudden drop in blood pressure as well as raised blood pressure. That can happen especially through dehydration, hunger or tiredness. My BP tends to be low, about 100/60.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->