Flashing lights across left eye...migraine or something more serious? *updated p2*

Clo

mum 2 an angel boy, and 2 rainbow boys
Reaction score
Hello,

I've been having flashing zigzag lines across my vision in my left eye today. ive had to come home sick cuz i couldn't look at my computer screen anymore. It seems to be going away now and ive got a bit of a headache starting.

Has anyone had this? I was wondering if it was a migraine starting as I used to get them as a teenager, tho without the flashing lights... or is it likely to be something more serious. I had my blood pressure checked on Monday and it was 133/70 which was fine, and my urine sample was normal.

Baby seems to be having a quiet-ish day today which isn't helping with the worry, but i have felt at least 10 movements since this morning and baby's heartbeat sounded healthy on Monday when the mw listened.

Should I be worried or is it probably just a migraine starting and nothing to worry about? X

hi , it sounds like a migraine to me hun , ive suffered with them myself ..

midwives urge anybody who have flashing lights or visual disturbances late 2nd tri or early 3rd tri to get seen to asap, a few things may cause it, regardless, it isnt normal. dont wanna panic you though.x

I have been a migraine sufferer since I was 8 and have frequently had visual disturbances.

I once went completely blind in one eye whilst at work (not good working as a dental nurse lol) and will quite often either have 'lightening flashes' going across my eyes or black shadows closing in on my eyes.

Usually I end up with a big headache afterwards, but not always.

I'm on my way to see my midwife to be checked out just in case x

Probably the best thing to do hun, especially if you are not usually a migraine sufferer x

Good luck with the MW. I agree with Midnight Sun, I've suffered with them for years, had one only yesterday in fact and still getting the flashes across my eye today. Hope everything is ok for you X

Bloody horrible aren't they CeeCee! Especially if you are shopping or working etc and they suddenly come on out of the blue x

Bloody horrible aren't they CeeCee! Especially if you are shopping or working etc and they suddenly come on out of the blue x

I remember having it once when I was in a school play ... that was interesting lol! It just came out of nowhere! Migraines and flashy lights suck. Big :hugs: to you X

Get yourself checked out hunni, I had flashing lights, high bp and swelling all in all with my last pregnancy. They thought I was gonna suffer from pre clampsia. Luckily it never got to it, but they will keep an extra eye in you.

Hope alls ok with you and your bump xxx

Glad your going to MW In first tri I had that with visual disturbances and doctor signed me off work for a week to rest as a precaution. I never got headache, just felt weird!

It is a symptom of pre-emclampsia so best edging on the side of caution, fx'd it's just a migraine hun, hope it goes well x

i had this and my optic nerve was swollen

could be a migraine.. or it also can be related to anxiety..but nothign to worry too much about.. can always check with your doctor :) i get the vision problems once in a while as well.. i read and the text looks like it's moving/shaking from left to right.. but i've got mild anxiety and it's a symptom of that..

Could be migraine they make you feel really unwell.. might be worth getting eyes checked just to strike that of you list of possibilities x

Well went to see midwife and all seems to be ok. Blood pressure has gone up slightly to 140/80 so I've to go get it checked again on Friday to make sure its not the start of a big increase. ( I did have a bp of 133/97 a few weeks ago so they were keeping an eye on it anyway but it had gone right back down again the following week)

The midwife did say that since I did get migraines as a teenager it could still have been a migraine but better to keep an eye on it.

Thanks for all your comments :) xxx

Glad all is well hun, try and get an early night and have a nice relaxing bath before bed x x

Lol i'm starting to sound like midnightsun's stalker but totally agree with her advice. Hopefully you'll feel better in the morning sunshine and glad all is ok too :) X

I get this sometimes too. A Dr finally told me the other day that this is called a silent migraine. Basically a migraine in your eye, but without all of the head pain that comes with it. But I would get it checked out if you haven't already.

Hi, just wanted to join in and say I get these, Visual/Silent Migraines, they are due to hormonal changes. (I usually get them with PMT etc) Anyway eat something sugary as soon as you feel it coming on, I find it helps... choc digestives are what I favour!!
Anyway, note how you feel before and afterwards, helps you spot signals. I get so I struggle to speak and my hair gets greasy afterwards. Very very odd!
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->