flashing smile opk during lp?

DobbyForever

Done with One
Reaction score
Hey! It's a long, complicated story. I shouldn't have Oed, but all signs point to yes I did minus temp (cramps, OPK, typical post O symptoms). The only thing is that my temp is doing this incredibly slow crawl up. I do normally have a slow rise, but more like hover around 97.9 for 2 days then jumps up to 98.4 for a couple days, drops for a day or two between 4-6dpo, then up to 98.4-98.6 for the rest of my lp. I'm pretty sure I Oed LATE on Friday night or very close to midnight of Saturday so I am 4.5dpo. My temp matches several of my previous temps for 5 dpo, but that's only because I typically get my second estrogen surge between 4 and 6 dpo. I had to discard most of my pre-O temps because I wasn't sleeping well from stress and I wasn't taking my temp on time because I was taking bcp after my loss.

For fun, I took an opk. It came back flashing. The LH test line is basically non existent. I have never used an opk after confirmed O, so I don't know if it really does detect your secondary estrogen surge or do you think it is more likely I never Oed to begin with?

I haven't been taking my pills this week just to be on the safe side but ugh. I am so annoyed with my body right now.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-11-25 at 2.58.56 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-11-25 at 2.58.56 PM.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 8
Here was my bfp chart (temps were so erratic) and a previous cycle that shows my typical pattern

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-11-25 at 3.09.03 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-11-25 at 3.09.03 PM.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Screen Shot 2015-11-25 at 3.09.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-11-25 at 3.09.15 PM.png
    61.5 KB · Views: 3
No idea sorry. I know you are WTT but this might be answered better in TTC x

Dobs, hope this is helpful but I'd be just as confused as you. I've gotten positive (or almost positive opks) at 6 DPO, or even before AF is due, and I wasn't pregnant so it couldn't be that. Some women get surges post ovulation,

Or maybe you haven't even ovulated yet! I've long cycles and sometimes I'll get +ve OPKS, cramping, ewcm and think I for sure ovulated and then my body changes its mind and I ovulate a week later. Before I temped I couldn't even know if I ovulated or not!

Could it be a sign you're pregnant? I know OPKS pick it up sometimes before pregnancy tests!

Thanks for taking the time to reply ladies! I am just going to chalk it up to secondary estrogen surge. I always assumed I had one because my temp always plummets mid lp, but I have never confirmed it with my opk. I use the advanced digital so flashing means it detects estrogen. The lh test line has been faint/non existent the last 3 days. Was just curious if anybody has ever actually detected their second estrogen surge this way. with yesterday and today's temps I can comfortably say I Oed at some point in the last week lol but most likely as original hypothesized

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->