Flat head. Noo!!!

missjess

Mummy of a prince
Reaction score
Josh's head is getting quite flat on his left side. I noticed it about 2 weeks ago and have tried to lay on on the other side as much as possible during the day but it seems to have gotten worse! :cry:

I know they say it may come back to a round shape as soon as he's crawling but he's not even holding his head always steady yet. :dohh:

So for those of you that have had flat head babies, at what age have you noticed the flat head? And how long did it take to come back into shape?

I can help but to be worried... I know it's very superficial and I love him loads but it looks funny :cry:

Thanks

brendan got a flat head at the back and he looked really funny, i used to call him pancake head and was really worried about it at one point because it was so flat but he would scream on his front, he had it about 2 months till about 6 months i think and he had a big bald patch to lol poor guy.

Awwww :hugs:

Honestly I wouldn't worry about it - it will just be where he's lying or leaning most.

At one point Noah had a head like a 50p (or so my OH kept saying!)

It will sort its self out, their bones are so flexi right now& change all the time!

Noah's is still flat at the back but its been checked by the Doc who said not to worry at all!!

If you are really concerned just get it checked to ease your mind!

xx

Caitlin had the bald patch lol

Will all shape back in time Jess don't worry :D x

Thanks... I guess I'll ask his doctor when I see him. OH kept saying it's normal, just wanna be sure !

I'm such a worried mum. :dohh:

NO flat head here ;)

https://www.mypreciouskid.com/baby-sleep-pillow.html

But it is normal, and don't worry :)

:hug:

summers has recently got a flat head on her left side to :cry:

i try lying her on the other sida but she just turns her head to the left all the time, i dont think there is much else you can do apart from try putting them on there tummy for abit etc but it should go back to shape, i do wish she never had it tho :(

I've actually done a post about Kira flat head that she has on the right side, my doc told me not to worry about it, it will go away when they start sitting up more.

Oscars got a flat head. It doesnt bother him though :)

Not yet, but she always has her head to the right. I'm assuming it'll go flat soon.

Jack sleeps in his moses basket on one of my pillows as it's the only way he sleeps in there for more then 10 minutes ! I think this will prevent a flat head but is it safe :S

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->