Flat Nipples & breastfeeding

I express and give it in a bottle :(

Not ideal but its that or id just give up. I have an horrendous time breastfeeding, did with dd1 too. dd2 is now 6 weeks old and am having to express 5 x feeds a day and then i give the other 2 feeds as formula to give myself a break. I figure thats wayy better than giving up all together cause i just exhaust myself. Flat nipples suck! I have plenty of milk but cant get it into her properly any other way!

For LO to latch on properly during breastfeeding, they need to be taking the nipple and areola into their mouths. So I wouldn't worry too much about having flat or small nipples as your LO should never be suckling just from them. x

Problem is they need to be able to draw the nipple into their mouths and as my bubs cant she gets frustrated, also because im so large chested she find it hard to get a mouthful. Im hoping i can get her back on the breast successfully once she is a liitle bigger :)

I wish I had known this first time around. I have a small nipple and just assumed it wasn't going to work for me, I used nipple shield which worked but LO refused the breast and I had no milk. This time around I am preparing myself, I will try to avoid the shield.

I agree, better some thing than nothing. Good for you to still give breast milk to your LO. That must be so time consuming! I guess I can only hope for the best & see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->