Flexible working appeal success stories?

Egyptiangirl

Mum and TTC No 2
Reaction score
Hi

Just wondering if anyone has had an initial flexible working request refused but then been offered their request following an appeal? I requested a shift change to a role that already exists and was due to be vacant upon my return to work date. I submitted a flexible working request for the position after having been told by my supervisor 6 months before my return to work that part time would most likely not be a problem. I even had a job sharer sorted as the role was a part time job share that was covered by temp part time staff but has since been recruited full time after they received my request. I'm now faced with either returning full time to 12hr shifts days and nights or resigning. I'm waiting for a response in writing but work have already told me that part time is not an option.

Has anyone ever had a similar situation and if so what was the outcome? Or has anyone had to take it further to a tribunal ?

Thanks!

I could of wrote this post !
If u are in uk I'd ring akas however I've been in this position twice and flexible working is not a right apparently the company only has to look at the case but can reject.
Unless u have been discriminated there isn't a great deal u can do .....
Shift work sucks and daycare won't cover the hrs !
Let me know if u get a positive outcome - fingers x 4 u I'm In exactly the same situation :-(

What was their reason for refusal? Did they offer other alternatives?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->