Flinstone Complete instead of prenatals

AMB1216

Ethan's mommy
Reaction score
So I have not been able to handle my prenatals and stopped taking them around 8 weeks and I am 10 weeks now. I have heard you can take Flinestones viatamins with Iron instead so I picked up some Flinstone complete, it has 400mcg of folic acid and 18mg of iron as well as a ton of other vitamins. I'm curious because I was reading about flinestone vitamins and people are saying take 2 a day but the package says take 1 a day for children over 4 and adults. Do I need to take 2 or should I just take the one a day?

I like the Flinstone vitamins soo much better than my prenatals. Plus these have calcuim in them so I'm not taking another pill for calcium.

My dr told me the main thing about prenatals is folic acid, which I think we should be getting about 400mcg of. Can you take flinstone plus a separate folic acid.

Pretty sure you should actually be getting about 800mcg. Or is it 400? I dunno... I take 800.

When I was pregnant with my first, I took a children's vitamin gummy and a separate folic acid supplement. It wasn't flinstones though.. they were just gummy fairies. I took two of them

My midwife told me 400 of folic acid, I'd call your doc or MW and ask if your at all concerned x

Pretty sure you should actually be getting about 800mcg. Or is it 400? I dunno... I take 800.

Yes, I've always heard 800mcg folic acid while TTC and pregnant.

Have you looked into chewable or gummy prenatals? The Flintstone vitamins are getting you half there, but if you take two of them daily you may be overdoing it on certain other vitamins. I'd just double-check the other vitamin %, but I'm guessing since they are kid's vitamins the numbers aren't too high.

I used Flinstone vitamins during my first pregnancy. I hate swallowing big, horse pills- kind of triggers my gag reflex :wacko:
I always took one a day. Doctor knew I was taking them instead of regular pre-natals, and never seemed concerned!

There may be some similar more palatable type vitamins without all the bad stuff. Check out this link...sad as they are definitely easier to palate than the healthy horse pills:wacko:

https://www.collective-evolution.co...ins-full-of-aspartame-gmos-harmful-chemicals/

You are not meant to take multivits which contain vitamin A. High vit A intake from animal sources is harmful to a foetus. That's why you can't have cod liver oil, pate etc.

Pregnancy multivits don't have vitamin A in them, which is why were are supposed to stick to those.

Thanks for the feedback :) I'll def tell my OB I switched to Flintstones Vitamins. I've noticed that with both my prenatals and the Flintstones Vitamins my appetite has decreased to where I have to force myself to eat and if I don't think about it I won't eat. I thought it was just a pregnancy symptom at first but when I stopped taking my prenatals it was around the same time I got my appetite back, and then when I started taking the other I lost it again. So to do a little experiment I didn't take a vitamin today and I've been eating fine.

Also-my prenatals were always the gummy kind as I cannot swallow pills at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->