Flip or regular BumGenius?

becstar

Sleep is for the weak
Reaction score
We've dabbled in cloth so far and have a few different kinds. I've found the BG to be good but can be a little bulky... are the Flips slimmer fitting? Are they absorbent for a heavy wetter? Want to order some on BOGOF so need to make up my mind!

Flips are quite slim fitting yes however if she's a heavy wetter you might need to use two inserts which will obv make it bigger. I think the general consensous at the mo is organic flips over stay dry for absorabncy.

Flips are much slimmer, I am fighting with the organic inserts a little but I think they just needed a few extra washes, the stay dry ones I just love hes not been able to out pee or out poop them. I know most people prefer the organic inserts so if they are *generally* better than the stay dry then they should be great...Im just in the process of throwing them through the wash a few more times, hes worn them today and has peed in them no problems though.

Flips are much slimmer, another option would be the BG organic AIO..they are more absorbent imo without having to add more like you would the flips and still much trimmer than the BG pockets

BG Organic AIO's are amazing, very slim and very absorbent. Flips are good too though.

Great, thanks ladies, that really helps.

How many covers do you reckon I should get? And how many inserts? We'll still be using disposables at night as she is a heavy night wetter, and she has a clip-on movement sensor that only works on disposables.

We use Flips as our main nappy and have 6 covers and 16 inserts, which would do us to wash every other day and she also wears them at night.

I use the stay dry during the day and organic at night as the organic are more absorbent. We easily get away with just using one organic at night, never had a leak :thumbup: She's not a particularly heavy wetter though.

im not a fan of either but i found the flip stay dry lasted overnight with just the 1 insert, i just prefer bedbugs and ittis lol

im not a fan of either but i found the flip stay dry lasted overnight with just the 1 insert, i just prefer bedbugs and ittis lol

Think I'd just have ittis if I could afford it, sadly it's not to be! :lol:

Right, well I just ordered 6 flips and 4 extra inserts (one of them organic to try). I think I'll wash just one and see how it goes, then if I like it use the rest, if not I'll sell them as new. I'll get most of the money back as our council offers an incentive so if I don't like them I'll be making a profit (which I'd just use to buy others but still)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->