Flip v Naughty Baby as an everyday nappy?

Lu28

Aisling's mammy
Reaction score
After looking into different types of nappies to have as my basic everyday one, I've been torn between Naughty Baby and Flips. One of my main reasons is cost so the Flips are only feasible given the 2 for 1 deal! :D

Wondering if anyone has any opinions on which would be best for everyday and how many of each would I need if I was to say wash every other day? As far as I know the Naughty Babies are pockets and the Flips are in 2 parts so how many of each component would I need?

Thanks! :flower:

Id probably go with the flips, because it would work out cheaper. Get two on the BOGOF offer (so you had four) and then buy extra inserts and thats it....the inserts are only £3.95 (£5.95 organic) each. It says to double the inserts for night and use single inserts during the day....so if you wanted to wash every other day Id probably get a dozen inserts to be safe (this would be excessive but Im a crazy nappy hoarder so I would...haha) thats £75.30 plus P&P for an entire BTP nappy system.....

BTW I say cheaper because although the Naught baby nappies ARE cheap I have heard they arent very long lasting and arent decent enough for nighttime.
My brain aint functioning...also if you read info on Naughty baby nappies they say change them every 1-2 hours (eek??!!) and I believe they can go funny if washed at anything about 40 degrees.

Oh and another advantage to Flips...I like their disposable inserts over eco nappies. They cost £3.95 for 18, perfect for holidays or going out if you cant/dont want to take the reusable inserts.

I'm leaning toward the flips too...

Off my original question but any idea how long you'd get out of them at night with the double inserts? Aisling usually sleeps 12 hours ish (although she's still awake now! :dohh:) and I don't want to risk this stopping!

Someone else here may have used them for night time....there is a link to someone who reviewed the Flip on here and Im SURE her LO went all night in one perfectly fine, no leaks.

https://allaboutclothdiapers.com/i-love-the-new-flip-cloth-diapers/
here you go :)

i'd defo say go fo the Flips..the Naughty Babies ARE damn good for the money but i'd imagine the flips are better (and why not when they are BOGOF!) the Naughty babies are Great (and i've had no prob washing them @60 degrees) and had no probs ..and they defo last more than 1-2 hours...Daisy can go up to 4 hours and she's no light wetter..i have also used them overnight with success(when everything else was in the wash) ..tho i would still say to go for the flips........:blush: think its cos i know that BG are a good, well known brand and will most likely have better support if something was to go wrong etc....

as for nighttime i would HUGELY recommend Pop ins....they hold a gallon of wee with the Nighttime booster in :) :hugs:

sara

xxxxxx

I'm leaning toward the flips too...

Off my original question but any idea how long you'd get out of them at night with the double inserts? Aisling usually sleeps 12 hours ish (although she's still awake now! :dohh:) and I don't want to risk this stopping!

Dexter sleeps 12 hours, and he wears his flip to bed with only one insert and he's dry in the morning. He can be quite a heavy wetter too, so I'm definitely pleased with the flips :)

the biggest difference between the two types your looking at is the naughty baby are pocket nappies you will need to buy the number of nappies you need ie 14 nappies whereas the flips only require the inners to be changed and you can re-use the wraps so you only need to buy the inners.

you could probably get away with doing this on the naughty baby but they are fleece lined and will be slightly damp and would smell.

in terms of slimness flips have the advantage, some people have issues getting outfit to go over cloth (i personally have had 2-3 outfits brought for us where cloth was a no go)

I have coolababy nappies (very similar to naughty baby) and i have to boost the nappy just to get a good fit around the legs to stop leaking. even then i'll be lucky to get 2.5hours out of them as LO is a heavy wetter (i even use hemp to boost and that gets sodden)

Personally i would try the flip (mine are in the post) I have the BG organics which have the same outer as the flip and they're fab! you get a good fit without having to fiddle as the tabs are so stretchy and flexible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->