flowers by the side of the road :'(

weestar21

Reaction score
Had to go to the spar to get some soup cos i didnt have any and i cant swallow anything else. So got Adele wrapped up and Colby in her buggy and off we went.

I forgot that the other night my OH went down a man was hit by a taxi and police were their but no ambulance was their yet, and he said it was pretty awfull :( Well the man sadly died on his way to hopsital only minutes after going into the ambulance. So their is loads of flowers at the side of the road now and Adele was asking questions why is their loads of pretty flowers :( So i had to explaine to her what had happend and the man is now sitting on the big cloud looking down on everyone :) so when we were in the spar she asked if she could put some flowers down, i started crying :oops: thought it was so sweet of her. So we bought a little bunch and she lay them down next to the others :D

I just never thought i would have to explaine to her at 4 years old why flowerd are lying at the side of the road :cry: :cry:

Not sure what the story is yet but all we know is the man had been on his way home from the pub and fell onto the road so not sure if the taxi was speeding or how it happend all OH said was he was laying across the bonnet of the taxi and the windscreen was smashed :(

rest in piece little man
xxx

I understand weestar21...a woman was knocked down outside my work by a huge 12 wheel truck not too long ago. Most of Baker Street was closed off by police. A few days later flowers had been placed. Its extremely shocking and quite amazing how it can effect u mentally. i was really emotionally and in shock - even though i hadnt seen the accident happen. However i did see the size of the truck and all the police surrounding the vehicle and scene.

Bless your little one for wanting to place flowers - what a little sweetheart.xxx

Last year a lad in my year in 6th form died in a car crash, and everyone put flowers just outside the 6th form building. Really affects you, things like that. I didn't know the guy, but i felt very sad every time i saw the flowers.

Your little girl sounds so sweet :) What a nice idea she had to add some flowers

We have a thing here in the summer where a big fence next to the shopping centre gets covered in flowers for peoples loved ones who have died.

It's really popular and theres always well over a hundred bunches put up

valentine75 said:
We have a thing here in the summer where a big fence next to the shopping centre gets covered in flowers for peoples loved ones who have died.

It's really popular and theres always well over a hundred bunches put up

where abouts is that, think that would be really pretty to see :D

Its in castlemilk. If i could remember what its called (the event) then i could find more info about it for you

ive never heard of them doing anything like that, hense why im interested, if you find anything out hun let me know. would be worth going to see this summer :D

heres a little link about it https://glasgow-southsiders.co.uk/2006/08/flowers-bloom-for-the-lost/

It says it for the young ones lost butits pretty much for anybody who has passed

cheers for that hun, im guessing its the same date every year then?
going to mention it to OH to take us this year think it would be really nice :)

I presume so, will keep an eye out for any info on this years one for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"