Flu-Like Bodyaches?

LavenderLove

Expecting
Reaction score
I'm 5w2d and a few days ago I started to feel all-over bodyaches like I had the flu. I keep taking my temperature and I don't have a fever, but sometimes it really feels like I do.

Could be unrelated but almost two months ago I had a UTI, got meds, but my urine hasn't stopped burning ever since, especially in the morning. My doc refuses to do anything and keeps blaming it on pregnancy even though I had it before then.

Did anyone get bodyaches in the first trimester? Is it a normal thing? Or should I be going to find a doc who will take my symptoms seriously?

I would say that if it's burning when you're urinating in the morning you need to get that checked out by another doctor if yours won't do anything about it!

As for body aches, I had this very badly all day on Christmas but I made sure to get a lot of rest that night and the following day, and the achiness went away. I was also getting hot then cold throughout the day. Since it only lasted one day and went away after lots of sleep, I figured it was just related to not getting enough rest.

I went to a walk-in clinic and my urine was clear for a bacterial infection so they wouldn't do anything about it either. I'm tempted to go grab a good book for the long wait and go to the ER since they wrote me a prescription even before my results came back when I had my initial UTI.

I've been drinking a lot of water and trying to rest but unfortunately insomnia's got me bad! I'm still taking it as easy as I can since I'm already losing weight despite all I've been eating.

I feel fluish/ feverish often but I'm not sick. It's just a ms pg cocktail.
I would be really concerned about the burning while peeing though. AZO cranberry tabs really helped me back in the day, but I wasn't pregnant. Because you are, I'd see everyone I could to get help.

Yes, I definitely had flu like body aching early on, it wasn't the most comfortable experience ever but was only temporary and didn't result in anything serious. I assume it was just my body responding to the changes brought about by pregnancy.

I agree that you should be likely taking some cranberry supplement or drinking cranberry juice. I used to suffer from UTIs quite frequently and I have prevented many from progressing just by drinking cranberry juice which increases the acidity in your urine and prevents bacterial growth. The best variety is the one without added sugar, though I have have had good results with any cranberry juice.

When I first got my BFP I felt like that too. What really helped was sleeping as much as I could. I hope you can get some rest.

I'm sorry you're still dealing with that UTI issue. I'm not sure what else it could be if not that. I had some burning when I went in for my first prenatal appointment and it was clear and I haven't had it since. Yours doesn't sound so good. I hope you can figure it out soon.

I'm sore pretty much all over. I feel your pain... on top of that I have MS so badly... all day! Hang in there sweetie! :thumbup:

Trying to hang in there, ha. I've been in bed the past couple days between the MS and the aches. I feel like a wimp, but at least I'm getting rest?

Unfortunately cranberry is a huge no-no for me. My body developed an allergy to it over the years. :x

If it's not a UTI it may be fungal in nature since it's happened before. Living in a moldy home in the past has ruined me so if too much of my good bacteria gets wiped out with antibiotics I end up with yeast and fungus everywhere. I REALLY hope it's not that because I don't even know if there's anything safe to take while pregnant. The last medicine I took was no joke and required liver tests to monitor it while on it!

That stinks! Can you take probiotics and stuff like that?

I can, yep! I can't do yogurts but supplements and kombucha have been okay for me. I just wish the probiotic pills weren't such a ripoff up here! I miss the stuff I used to get when I was in the US since one bottle had so many different strains. The stuff I find now only has one or two in em, boo!

I'm sorry you're so sick. That's how I felt this weekend.

I hope what you're feeling isn't that serious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->