Flu Shot and Weight Concerns?!

ColtonsMom

Reaction score
He was fine, cried until I picked him up but then he was perfect. Sure didn't want me touching his leg though, he actually pushed my hand off! lol!

Anyways, I asked if we could weigh him too and he weighs 24lbs 6.5oz. Which is odd, because last time he weighed 24lbs 12oz. Although, last time he had pants on, and this time he didn't. However, its been a month so I didn't think it would make that much of a difference.

I'm wondering why he didn't gain any weight, and actually lost some?!
He is still eating about 5+ 8ounce bottles. Usually only 5 though. He's isn't eating much baby food because I've been trying to get him on Stage 3's/our food mostly.
Like, the other day he had pancakes and two slices of toast with jelly(which really ended up on the floor) for breakfast, didn't really eat anything for lunch because he has become uninterested in the jars, and then only had like two crackers, some green beans, and a few pieces of mac&cheese for dinner (random I know, but we had steak.).
Is this just not enough?! I know he should get something more for lunch, but should I try and feed him more at breakfast/dinner. I've really been trying to encourage him to feed himself, and he's getting ALOT better, actually ate all but like 3-4 pieces of his pancakes this morning(had them again. :p ) But he is still playing it alot of it.
What did you guys do?! Do you give them like 1/2 of it for them to eat and then feed him the other half? I dont want him to be loosing weight, he's never done this before.

Although, on a second though, maybe I'm just overworrying. He has started to become alot more active the last month or two. Started crawling on all fours just a 1 1/2 weeks ago, so getting around/climbing/walking along furniture alot more. Maybe thats it?

Josh's pediatrician said to me not to worry about not gaining a lot of weight. She said it's normal that he isn't gaining as much because he has started crawling/climbing/cruising. She said it'll fall back into place long term. She said to me I should worry if he starts loosing a considerable amount of weight or if he doesn't gain any weight at all or if he doesn't keep growing.

xxx :hugs:

Even though they did measure height I can tell he is getting alot taller so I know he is growing that way. :D
He does look like he has thinned out some, but I was thinking that was because of the height growth?
I was shocked he is only 24.5lbs, I was expecting him to be closer to 26lbs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babygiftcoll
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->