Flu shot

I used to get bad flus every year, until about 3 years ago I went on a mostly organic diet, and I have been as fit as a fiddle since, havent even had a sniffle. The best thing is fresh tumeric in stir fry, and fresh ginger in juice, tumeric and ginger help the imune system, and might also help with morning sickness. Also avoid artificial sweeteners and diet soda.

I have the flu shot every year... When pg with ds i was advised to wait til after 12 weeks so Will do the same again this time round...

I'll be getting once I'm 12 weeks...we get it through work but midwife said pregnant women are entitled to it now in the uk.

Anybody know anything about getting the flu shot while being pregnant?? I'm 9+6 and I was just curious if any side affects? I normally get it every year....

i had a 12 week appt yesterday and my doc gave me a flu shot! his nurse explained expecting women should get them and they are even offered to us before the other patients. i didn't worry about it! here in the states, fall is around the corner and so is flu season!

I have had the flu shot yearly for about 6 or 7 years...and i have never had any side effects from it other than muscle soreness around the location of the injection. Im not due for another until the middle of next month, but yeah, im going to get one. I worked/had clinicals in several long term and short term care facilities and i havent had the flu at all in those 6 or 7 years that ive been getting the shot. Colds? well yeah, because theres no shot for those, and if i get a cold while im pregnant im sure i will be the most miserable person in the world, but if i can avoid even just half of the strains of flu out there? works for me..the flu is even more miserable

I had it two years ago when I was pregnant with my son. No side effects. Didn't want to risk getting the flu as I was in my third tri during peak flu season and that's when your immune system is most compromised.

I'll be getting it this time, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->