Flu Vaccination help

HLx

Mummy to Layla, George & Enzo <3
Reaction score
I've never had this before, with my previous two I didn't need to get it done as it wasn't really routine then. Is it true that you actually get the flu a few days after getting the vaccination? A few friends have told me this was the case for them, and is it actually worth getting? I've only ever had the flu once (watch now I'll catch it next week)

I've never had this before, with my previous two I didn't need to get it done as it wasn't really routine then. Is it true that you actually get the flu a few days after getting the vaccination? A few friends have told me this was the case for them, and is it actually worth getting? I've only ever had the flu once (watch now I'll catch it next week)

I had it with DS and didnt get ill afterwards but my arm ached for days and days..

I was told to get it this pregnancy but never bothered.. only got the whopping cough one.

Last edited:
I've never had a flu shot. Pregnancy or otherwise. I had the flu when I was 7yr old.

I was told after my cancer to get one and I still didnt.

You can't get the flu from the vaccine. It's not a live virus. After getting the vaccine, it takes 2 weeks to become effective so a person could get the flu right after getting the vaccine and it would seem like the vaccine gave them the flu, when it's just that the vaccine wasn't effective when they were exposed. The usual side effects are soreness and/or redness where you get the shot. The only time I had the vaccine was when I was pregnant. I've only had the flu once, and it developed into double pneumonia. It was dreadful, but since it's only happened one time I don't bother with the yearly vaccine.

I had mine last week and other than a little soreness I’m fine. Wanted to pass on some immunity to the little one if I can since she won’t be able to get a flu shot for a while. I always get one and my two older children do. Because, yeah, they might still get the flu, but it’s MUCH milder when they’ve had the shot. The last time my oldest got the flu, he only stayed home because he was contagious. He felt fine for the most part. Only ran a mild fever.

A lot of things to weigh up! Out of pregnancy I've never needed it and during pregnancy it was never routine back then, I think it was with my 5 year old but you had the choice, it definitely wasn't needed with my 7 year old lol

My OH gets it as he works in the hospital, and aside from a bit of a dead arm for a day or two, he's always fine.
And he's not had the flu the whole time he's been there so I guess it works?! Haha

I had it and didn't get the flu, just a bit of a sore arm!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->