Flu while pregnant?

Cee108

Reaction score
I've been having a runny nose since morning and now my throat and ears are hurting - I've also been sneezing a little (like about 8-10 times in the whole day). Feels like the onset of flu (Please no!!! :cry:) I've called the GP and the next appointment isn't till 3 days from now by which it wouldn't be any help if I DO have the flu. And I don't want to go to emergency with barely any symptoms ... plus, the waiting for 5 hours is too much for my back and I' sure every time we go that even if I don't have the flu, I'll catch it from the loads of people sneezing and coughing in the ER waiting area.

Long story short, does anyone has any advice on what I should do? Any home remedies? And to set my freaked out mind at rest, anyone had flu symptoms while pregnant? What did you/your GP recommend you do about it?

I had the flu while pregnant. Had a fever of 102 and still went to classes AND had exams!!! Was six months along. Baby still moved around and all is well. No need to worry. Our bodies are made to fight off infection. Get lots of rest, teas to help, and just relax. Hope you feel better.

i had flu for 2 weeks and i just had warm lemonade with sugar and honey in and paracetamol doctor said fluid and rest nothing else he could do

Flu's normally start with a fever and muscle aches...so you probably are getting a cold, they start with runny nose, sneezing, etc. I have a bad cold right now (no fever) but its in my chest now. It sucks and you suffer cause you take take meds but the baby will be fine. Having a fever during pregnancy you would probably want to make sure to take tylonel to keep it down cause fevers can affect the baby!

Thank you for the information, ladies! AmyR, you're probably right. There's no bodyache or anything and now that you mention it, that is how I remember flu setting in last year (I'm one of those lucky ones who have to get it once a winter, LoL) I've had the flu jab about a month ago as well so big chance this might be a cold.

Will take teas and warm water with honey to help relieve the sore throat as suggested by Amy and Heaven; thanks ladies! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->