Flu

Rovemongoose

Reaction score
well, day 4 of my 8 day stint at work and I have the flu. Knackered, Shivering, sore throat, sore body all over, tension headache I can’t get rid of. Because of the stupid Bradford factor at work I’m very reluctant to phone in sick. I have chronic migraines that can mean I’m off for a couple of days and even when I ended up in hospital for two days with a hemiplegic one, it still counts against me. I also injured my arm very badly in the autumn and was off for two weeks......guess who had to have a first warning meeting. The whole thing is ridiculous. Anyway, this is more of a general rant than anything else.....see how long I can actually function by going in

Ugh that sounds completely terrible. I'm so sorry! I don't know what a Bradford factor is, but you should be allowed to take off days if you are sick. Try to rest and drink as many fluids as you can.

After I typed this, I got up, put the kettle on and promptly vomited. Suffice to say I didn’t go anywhere. I can’t move without being in pain and have had the most excruciating headache that I can’t shift. I’m dizzy....it’s crap. Bradford is basically a point based score so you get to so many points and then you get a warning etc etc. However, if you need to be off because you have a sickness bug, it doesn’t matter, it’s still counted. The whole thing is flawed

Bradford score is the worst! So sorry you are feeling so ill. Just take it easy, sip fluids when you can (or have ice poles bit by bit) it will help reduce your headache if anything. Hope you start to feel better soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->