fluffy bums! a qu!

princess_bump

Happy Wife & Mumma!
Reaction score
so i'm thinking of trying maddi with a couple, you ladies have inspired me! and i would like to have some experience with reusable for once we have another :baby:

so my questions are -
are like the pre-folded ones, like the bumgenius and blueberry's, can i just get a couple and see what i think?
and i was thinking about getting some flushable liners too, any tips?

be nice i'm a reusable virgin :lol:

Not quite sure I understand your first question hun. Bum Genius and Blueberry are pockets, and yes you can just buy one or two to try them out. In fact Blueberry are only sold individually, making them a rather pricey option but I think they are worth it to have a few "special" ones lol!

Prefolds are more economical for a sized option (i.e. you only want them for a short time until Maddi is potty training so wouldn't benefit much from a one size nappy) and again you can just buy one or two. Mothercare do a trial pack for the Smart Nappy that just has one wrap and pad. With these they do recommend a liner but there's no need with pockets.

oh im getting confused with all the diiferent types and cover,pockets. AARRHH

hey hun mothercare also do a trial pack bambino mio prefolld i havent personally used them so cant comment. the smart nappy is quite good tho

defo buy in ones to decide what you like before you commit to a huge stash

sara

xxxxxxxxxx

ps i use boots liners n i get on quite well with them x

I use Bum Genius pockets without liners. I dont really like the flushable liners as they feel really papery I prefer the fleecey feel of the nappies. Ive never used prefolds so dont know anything about them. Pockets or all in ones are probably the best option for you to try. I would get maybe one of each brand to try maybe a itti bitti d'lish, BG and a blueberry. Ive heard toddlers are quite good at getting velco nappies off so you might want to stick to poppers.

thanks shifter, my first question was i like the pre-folded and the bumgenius and blueberry one's, so i was wondering if i can just buy one and see, but you've answered my question :D just get one and give it a go :D

yep - exactly maddi's probably not going to be in nappies for that much longer x

sparks - yep that is an excellent point! think i will try a poppers one! she gets her shoes off no problems, so i wouldn't want to think what she could do with a nappy :lol:

mrs n - tell me about it, my heads spinning, i'm sure i'm making it much more confusing than it is!!

sara - thats really helpful! thank you :D

i found it easier to just to buy a trail pack tbh. i kept reading all this stuff, prefolds/pockets/all in ones. i found it made much more sense when I saw them and tried them etc.

Try doing the questionnaire on www.nappylady.co.uk to find out what might be ebst for your needs. Also, check if your local council do any kind of incentive scheme for the use of reusable nappies, some give vouchers.

My council do a free trial pack which consists of a nappy bucket, 1 Little Lamb fitted and wrap, 1 Motherese fitted and wrap, a pack of flushable liners. Other councils do a money off voucher. Definitely worth checking what yours offer.

i saw on a website essex was one of the places confirmed to be running an incentive scheme but there was no link to i'm afraid. Councils run different schemes but we get a £50 voucher here :happydance:

We get £45 voucher as well. Havent got around to claiming it yet Im so lazy

we get £30 cash back - thanks for remindin me girls - jus claimed mine

sara

xxxx

Our council doesn't say they do it on their website :nope: should I ring them or would it state it on there?

x

i would ring hun - ask 4 waste management dept thats who i spoke to. or google real nappy incentives then your council

sara

xxx

Not sure if this page will be of any help, i just realised that if you click on the named county it takes you to their scheme

https://bibsnbots.info/council-schemes-incentives-page-5

I was really disappointed when I found that my council (which isn't on that list above) doesn't give any vouchers or money. Instead, they do a subsidised trial pack. I thought I'd prefer the money, but I did get the trial pack and I'm so glad I did. It was £25 for 7 different nappies, 3 different wraps, a nappy bucket and liners. There are nappies in there I'd never have tried but they actually look really great.

Thank you - my council isn't on there though :cry:

I just rang them and they gave me an 0845 number for some nappy incentive company who weren't there so I've left a message.

£25 for all those nappies sounds great - think I'd be happy with that! :thumbup:

thank you for all your replies ladies :D i'm def off to investigate with my council! thanks again! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->