Fluid behind eardrum

shazney22

Reaction score
hey has anyone had any experience of having this? and any idea what I can do? I had it in my ear thats cleared but its still behind it, is the only option left for me , ear drainage?

I have glue ear because I got this. I was given Beconase nasal spray by my Dr to try to clear all of the tubes out. Could you try this?

As it is I've been deaf in one ear since December and I'm getting a grommit put in next week! :happydance:

Is tis the first time you have had it? Its really annoying aint it and I feel for you, since december! Ive visited the doctor 5 times since I had the problem, ear candling worked on the ear but not behind the eardrum! :( oh you not nervous? that looks like the last option for me, the grommit, I am going back to doctors after a week or two if its not cleared, I have nasonex been on it for 4 days but to be honest all it seems to be doing is giving me a headache, I still am steam inhaling this has been going on for 6 weeks, think the problem is I have wax in my right ear which has blocked the fluid from going anywhere. The doctor said if the nasal spray doesnt work I can go back and get referred to ENT - here's hoping xx

Is tis the first time you have had it? Its really annoying aint it and I feel for you, since december! Ive visited the doctor 5 times since I had the problem, ear candling worked on the ear but not behind the eardrum! :( oh you not nervous? that looks like the last option for me, the grommit, I am going back to doctors after a week or two if its not cleared, I have nasonex been on it for 4 days but to be honest all it seems to be doing is giving me a headache, I still am steam inhaling this has been going on for 6 weeks, think the problem is I have wax in my right ear which has blocked the fluid from going anywhere. The doctor said if the nasal spray doesnt work I can go back and get referred to ENT - here's hoping xx

I am a little nervous but it's better than being deaf in one ear lol.

I got referred in March I think and I finally got my consultant appointment at the back end of August. I was then put down as urgent (4-6 weeks to get my procedure done) due to the length of time I'd waited.

I hope you get your referral. I think I saw my GP about 6 times before she finally referred me. Nightmare!! The spray didn't work at all for me either. It is the first time I've had it but I'm concerned it will come back. I think once it's been drained I'll have to re-try the spray to try to unblock the tubes, otherwise surely it'll just fill back up once the grommit falls out in about a year or so. :shrug:

yeah well good luck hun, let me know how it goes what caused yours? mines was a bad flu , what are your symtomps? do you have like crackling and popping in the ear? my ears were muffled but that cleared its just Id rather get this fluid out, I think because I had my wisdom teeth out its now why I am getting fluid whereas I didnt before. This is the first time I have got it as well unless I had it when I was little but dont think I did. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->