Flying during First Tri??

BSelck24

Pregnant with Baby #4!!!
Reaction score
Hey ladies!!

I have a vacation planned for next Wednesday when I will just be 6 weeks along. Have any of you ladies had experience with flying during first tri? Is it safe?

The only other part I'm worried about is I would be traveling by myself with my kids (10 year old step daughter and 1 year old son) and I won't have my husband to help me manage my son during the flight. I don't want to be super stressed out this early on.

This is a trip to see my parents so I can definitely reschedule, but then I'm thinking maybe it would be great to have them help out with my kids if I'm feeling sick.

What do you think!? :flower:

I would be interested to know this too. I have an internal flight only 1 hour long when I will be almost 10 weeks

Hi,
Just got back two days ago from flying over 4 hours at 6-7 weeks. It was absolutely fine, and it's perfectly safe.
I'd advise wearing some flight socks, as is recommended for flying in pregnancy generally.
I also flew when pregnant with my dd2 when I was 18 weeks and was all ok too.

Also, the air hostesses are absolutely fantastic at helping you with your children. Although I was with my dh, they were so helpful with me and the kids when my son was crying. If you need anything, they will do their best to help make things go smooth.

Thanks yoyo! That makes me feel a lot better! Are you talking about compression socks? I definitely wanting to get to my family and announce my news!!

Glong- where are you heading on vacation!!?

21 st July to Scotland uk for a wedding xx

Congrats Bselck! I flew to and from Hawaii (8 hours flying time + 2 hour layover) when I was 4 and 6 weeks along, and it was just fine! Thankfully I didn't have any MS, otherwise that might have been uncomfortable on the plane :). I checked a HUGE roller suitcase (since we were away for 2 weeks), so I had the hubby carry it whenever it needed to be picked up.

Safe travels!

Have a lovely time ladies :)

Yes-compression socks. Not very chic but well worth using! X

Have a safe trip I am also curious about flying. My niece will be going to college in August and I planned to go with her mom to help her set up dorm room and see her off. By then I'll be around 15 weeks so I guess I have to see what Dr recommends as my pregnancy progresses.

I'll be flying from the middle east area to the east coast of australia when I'm 11 weeks (4.5 hr flight, 2 hr layover, 14 hr flight) and doc said I'd be fine - and with the return trip 3.5 weeks later. He suggested that I ensure I'm on the aisle, drink plenty of water and get up and move around as much as possible to get the blood pumping through my legs/pelvis area. He also suggested that I do not stop moving during my layover. His final suggestion was to upgrade to business class - hahahahaha! The cost of that is ridiculous! I'll do all his other suggestions... and try my luck at check in for an upgrade, exit row, or spare seats where I can spread out.

Thanks for all of the info ladies! Glong- how exciting for your trip in July!

I think I'm going to do it now while I feel good vs later with morning sickness!

Oh wow newbie!! What an amazing trip but crazy long flight! Good advice from your doctor except I'm with you- that first class upgrade would be crazy expensive!! Lol

I flew shortly after my BFP and little guy is asleep in my lap as we speak. Perfectly healthy. I did opt for a pat-down instead of the regular scanner just because I had had two losses and didn't want to take any chances, but they are supposed to be perfectly safe. You'll be fine! Enjoy your trip!

If you can book extra leg room seats, do it too!

Any word on when its to far along to get on a plane my birthday is end of August. 30th and I want to take a trip for my bday. Hopefully all sickness will be out the way by then...lol I'll be able 5 months

Any word on when its to far along to get on a plane my birthday is end of August. 30th and I want to take a trip for my bday. Hopefully all sickness will be out the way by then...lol I'll be able 5 months

Trying depending on your doctor and depending whether or not you're high risk, I think you can fly up until 32 weeks or so!

With doctor's clearance, some airlines let you fly until the end of the 36th week (singleton, with no complications).

Trying depending on your doctor and depending whether or not you're high risk, I think you can fly up until 32 weeks or so!

Thanks for the information

I flew twice with DS - we went to Florida (from London) at 7 weeks there 9 back. Then went to Italy for a week at around the 24/25 mark.The Italy flight was easier cos it was a lot shorter. The Orlando flights just made morning sickness not that great but I get air sickness anyway so it could have been that.

I made sure to wear compression socks on the long haul and walk around a bit (easy with DD being a toddler and wanting to walk around

Quartz thank you! That is good to know you traveled twice! I will definitely grab some compression socks and do some walking during the flight as a few others have mentioned the same! :hugs:

I flew a couple of weeks ago. 3hr flight each way. Only issue I had was nausea but that wasn't helped that on the way our 20 month old full on vomited over us both 3 times 20 mins into the flight! Was hell and not helped by the fact that I had completely forgotten to pack spare clothes for either of us in our hand luggage :dohh:

Apart from that all was fine. Go enjoy yourself x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->