Flying during First Tri??

As long as you're feeling well enough for it, sounds perfectly fine to me. I had about 3 weeks of long haul travel when I was 7-10 weeks with my daughter. So it was a 9 hour flight, then a 6 hour flight, then an 11 hour flight back home with work commitments in between. I wasn't traveling with older kids so obviously that's an added stressor, but hopefully your 10 year old could help with your little one. I just made sure to have an aisle seat so I could get up and walk around loads and also use the toilet without having to climb over someone. I brought a big bottle of water to stay hydrated and refilled in on the plane (they have a tap in the back that you can refill from, just ask, easier than just asking for a million little cups). I also brought plenty of snacks from home that I knew I could eat if I felt sick instead of relying on plane food to do the trick. It was fine. I will have to do a similar sort of trip next year, which if all goes well will be when I'm about 6-7 months, and I wouldn't have any concerns about it.

Hey ladies!!

I have a vacation planned for next Wednesday when I will just be 6 weeks along. Have any of you ladies had experience with flying during first tri? Is it safe?

The only other part I'm worried about is I would be traveling by myself with my kids (10 year old step daughter and 1 year old son) and I won't have my husband to help me manage my son during the flight. I don't want to be super stressed out this early on.

This is a trip to see my parents so I can definitely reschedule, but then I'm thinking maybe it would be great to have them help out with my kids if I'm feeling sick.

What do you think!? :flower:

I flew on a 4 hour plane journey at about 7 weeks pregnant, was absolutely fine.

Thanks ladies!! So we have conquered the first flit and all went well! My 10 year old step daughter helped a lot and all I had to do was walk a couple of times down the aisle with my son (which was good for me too). I drank ginger ale for my nausea and brought a ton of snacks for all of us.

Now just to get through the flight home! Thank you for all of your support!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->