Flying in 1st trimester? opinions?

ahava

me & hubby
Reaction score
ANY LADIES here due for a holiday and flying in the first trimester.? What are you opinions? Im due to fly on the 26th april, booked back in october..

You'll be fine hon, i flew when i was 9 weeks for a week in France skiing! recently we just took a 2week break in Thailand too and i was 21weeks and that was a long 12hour flight and all good! there is no proof that flights cause miscarriage or anything unfortunately if its going to happen its going to happen :( my advise is carry on as normal and no need to wrap yourself in cotton wool that's my view on my pregnancy. All the best x

im sure it is fine, you cant fly too late in pregnancy but nothing to stop you early on - enjoy your holiday xx

Yeah, its no problem at all to fly, especially in early pregnancy. I flew to Italy the week before last and all was fine.

Happy Holidays!!

its fine to fly in early pregnancy, think its just the 3rd tri you cant fly in.

enjoy your holidays

I'm flying this Saturday, my DR said it was absolutely fine. He said to drink a lot of water, and be sure to get up and move around a bit, for your circulation. Have a great trip!!

its fine hon i was a proffesional ice skater and flew alot in early pregnancy the only thing bothered me was i got headaches so enjoy xx :hug:

I too am flying next week at 11 1/2 weeks. It's a long flight so I am dreading a bit, but mostly because of inconvenience and tight space. I was also told to get up and move around every hour or so to prevent blood clots.

Like the others say, flying in the 1st tri is fine - They do say that you need to be careful on long hauls because of DVT, but as long as you are moving around, wearing flight socks, doing exercises its fine. No probs on short hauls.

I think the thing about flying in late pregnancy is the fear of you going into labour early... if you get a GP note you can fly later.

x

I flew lots in my first pregnancy. As the girls mentioned, if it's a long haul be sure to get up and about on the flight!

Enjoy your trip!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->