Flying with baby

SuperMummy

Reaction score
Hi all

We are hoping to take our LO to visit my dad in the US in March. He will be just over 3 months by then, and we are wondering whether it will be ok?

We are hoping to carry him on our lap - hopefully the plane will be empty enough for him to be able to sit next to us - or in the bassinet in the bulk head, but if not, do you know whether the maxi cosi car seats (brand new) meet the regulations for planes?

Thanks for your help

We flew with our daughter in December, she was a little over 4.5 months old. Honestly it was a lot better than I expected it to be. We had her as a lap child and they gave us seats with just the two of us together so we didn't have to worry about disturbing anyone (well except the people in front of us). As for the carseat I think each airline is different, I'd go on whatever airline you plan to use and see if the car seat meets regulations. When we were researching I did read that most car seats now do meet airline regulations.

https://www.babyandbump.com/baby-toddler-club/79295-airplane-tips.html

Here is the thread I started on it, got a lot of useful tips

Also going to move this to Baby and Toddler Club for you, might get more responses that way

:hi: Welcome to the forum

I flew with my son when he was one month old. Two domestic flight and one international flight. He slept through all of it. I stressed a lot beforehand but it was quite simple and easy. Last month again we did a domestic and international flight but it was a bit harder this time as he was crawling all over the place! Dont worry,you will see it's actually much easier than you think. He was sleeping in the airplane bassinet with his own blankie and pillow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->