Flying

supernurse

Mum of 2 beautiful girls
Reaction score
Does anyone know about flying when pregnant? I'll be 25 weeks when we want to fly to Poland. Will an airline (acutally ryanair) let you travel at that time?

It would be nice to get away for a few days just me and OH cause it will probably be a while before we get to do it again.

xxxx

As far as I know all airlines still let you fly past 30 weeks. Some have a cut off point of around 32 weeks and some it's more like 37 without a doctors note.

You need to take your notes with you and keep them in your hand luggage just in case you're questioned how far gone you are.

is there a difference btw short flights and international?

Here is a good article for flying whilst pregnant.

https://www.pregnancy-info.net/wellbeing_flying.html

Actually I have researched this VERY much. And it all depends on the airline. Seems that the standard is 32-34 weeks prego but some will require a certificate from your doc past 28 weeks. I would check online with the airline you plan to use or call them to double check their policy. Good luck and I hope you enjoy your little vacation!!!

I think you need proof of how far along you are or they wont fly you as their insurance doesn't cover you if you give birth or if anything baby/pregnancy related happens. Some flat out wont take you after 35 weeks. Just get a letter from your Dr saying it is safe for you to fly and their is no immediate danger of you going into labour :)

I went to St Lucia at 25weeks and I needed a note to prove as many airlines now are demanding one, when I asked my doctor for one he told me that quite a few airlines were asking for one despite women saying they were only 20 weeks etc, airlines tend to not let you fly after 36weeks due to the risk of labour

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->