Foamy/frothy yellow poo

AngelofTroy

Reaction score
My 2 week old mostly bf baby (down to 15ml formula last 24 hours after top ups were introduced whrn she was in nicu) had a weird frothy poo tonight. All others have been normal and it was a normal colour. I was inclined to think it ia nothing to worry about but googling keeps bringing up dairy intolerance. Anyone know if it can be normal or is it definitely an intolerance? So far it was a one off.. And I did have curry for lunch!:haha: Any experience?

Hi there, congrats on the BF accomplishment!

If her poops are back to normal I wouldn't worry too much as bf babies have a wide variety of poo colours!

Did the nappy seem to be accompanied by any other symptoms; hard stomach, painful cries with your baby trying to draw their knees up, trapped wind? If your baby has displayed any of these symptoms routinely and the frothy poop continues then it could be a dairy sensitivity.

Our LG was almost 3 months old and had screamed constantly from about a week old before we were told that it probably wasn't colic but a dairy sensitivity. She also regularly had the nappies you are describing. Once I went dairy free she was no longer in pain and once I gave her a course of infant probiotics her poop's finally went back to normal ��

If baby is happy and settled after a feed then I wouldn't worry. Like pp said if baby is unhappy, showing signs of tummy ache/wind then could be an intolerance x

Have heard frothy poop could be from them getting too much foremilk and not enough hindmilk (so feeding for short periods on each breast) though is often a greener colour. I wouldn't be concerned as a one off.

Have heard frothy poop could be from them getting too much foremilk and not enough hindmilk (so feeding for short periods on each breast) though is often a greener colour. I wouldn't be concerned as a one off.

This is what our lactation consultant initially said was our problem, but there are some infant health care providers that don't actually believe this is possible due to how breast milk exits the body. Apparently this hind milk and fore milk belief is an outdated concept :dohh: makes for confusing reading :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->