Foley Cathter induction

KalicoKat

Reaction score
Hey girls!

I'll be going in for a Foley catheter induction Thursday (still waiting for my hospital to call with a time

This is our first baby and I'm 6 days over due right now.

My doctor wanted to wait until at least 10 days overdue - but with that falling on a Saturday and I'm in quite a bit of pain in my abdomen she decided Thursday (8days overdue) will be best. My cervix is still so high, and closed - my OB could barely reach it

Has anyone had this before? I know how it works, but I'm worried about them inserting it. The sweep I had done the last two weeks hurt pretty bad... but I'm glad they are trying this and not drugs first.

Of course I can't sleep now as well 🙄 It's 12:30am here

I did with my first. It felt a little uncomfortable but not painful. After it was inserted it was just pressure down there, no pain.

Thank you!

Here's hoping everything goes smoothly! ❤

It got moved to today 😅 In 15 mins

Thank you!!!

It's 3am and I'm starting to freak out a bit

Catheter was placed at 6:30pm, started contracting around 7pm as soon as I got off the bed - drive home hurt.

The catheter placement hurt horribly - much worse than these contractions. But I think that's because my cervix was still completely closed and super high - the doctor that did the procedure was kinda shocked.

But if that hurt, and these contractions are just the start.... I don't know how I'm supposed to deliver a baby 😭.. I feel like the biggest whimp ever.

It's 3am and I'm starting to freak out a bit

Catheter was placed at 6:30pm, started contracting around 7pm as soon as I got off the bed - drive home hurt.

The catheter placement hurt horribly - much worse than these contractions. But I think that's because my cervix was still completely closed and super high - the doctor that did the procedure was kinda shocked.

But if that hurt, and these contractions are just the start.... I don't know how I'm supposed to deliver a baby ðŸ˜*.. I feel like the biggest whimp ever.

Be strong mama :hugs: . Trust your body , focus on your breathing , if you need to make noise just go with the classic "moo" on your out breath . Aim to breathe in through your nose for 3 secs, out through your mouth for 3 secs. Try circling hips on a ball through contractions or bouncing helps too. :hugs::hugs:

❤ thank you, I'll try to keep that in mind, I have a habit of holding my breath when in pain

The contractions haven't been as bad since the catheter fell out around 6am - don't know if that's good or not... on my way back to the hospital now

❤ thank you, I'll try to keep that in mind, I have a habit of holding my breath when in pain

The contractions haven't been as bad since the catheter fell out around 6am - don't know if that's good or not... on my way back to the hospital now

Hey , how are you getting on ? Xxx :hugs:

Was reading your post. Very interested in any answers to the OP. But also, i hope you got on well with everything.

Hey everyone!

Damian was born November 24th at 5:15am. He weighed 8lb 2oz.

3pm Thursday I got the gel to try to dilate my cervix, as I stopped dialating after the Foley catheter (actually went back to 2cm vs the 3-4 I was told I was). The gel worked and boy did the contractions hurt - by 7pm I was in agony. When I got back to the hospital at 9:30pm, they ordered me an epidural right away - best thing in the world! It took 20 mins for me to calm down with nitrous oxide and trying to do breathing exercises, to get the epidural - and the first one didn't take - so they gave me a second one (and also stronger medications because I don't freeze properly). I was only 3cm dialated at this point still.

Around 2am they were talking about a possible c section as His heart rate would drop every time I had a contraction, which I was told later he had the umbilical wrapped around his neck gently. But his heart rate stabled out. (7cm dialated at his point)

Then finally 4am I was fully dilated and asked to start pushing - he was born 1 hour and 15 mins later ❤ he is such a sweet little man

Thank you to everyone for commenting and well wishes! Meant so much to me! ❤

Hey everyone!

Damian was born November 24th at 5:15am. He weighed 8lb 2oz.

3pm Thursday I got the gel to try to dilate my cervix, as I stopped dialating after the Foley catheter (actually went back to 2cm vs the 3-4 I was told I was). The gel worked and boy did the contractions hurt - by 7pm I was in agony. When I got back to the hospital at 9:30pm, they ordered me an epidural right away - best thing in the world! It took 20 mins for me to calm down with nitrous oxide and trying to do breathing exercises, to get the epidural - and the first one didn't take - so they gave me a second one (and also stronger medications because I don't freeze properly). I was only 3cm dialated at this point still.

Around 2am they were talking about a possible c section as His heart rate would drop every time I had a contraction, which I was told later he had the umbilical wrapped around his neck gently. But his heart rate stabled out. (7cm dialated at his point)

Then finally 4am I was fully dilated and asked to start pushing - he was born 1 hour and 15 mins later ❤ he is such a sweet little man

Thank you to everyone for commenting and well wishes! Meant so much to me! ❤

Aww I'm so pleased for you . :cloud9::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->