Folic Acid for only 2 months

maria86

Reaction score
ladies, anyone else will (had) only 2 months of Folic Acid before TTC? My doctor said I am good to try and it is not a big deal and I really wan to start on April 17, but that means I will be at approximately 2 months of Folic Acid, instead of 3.... :shrug:

well the longer you take it for the better but think of all the people who get pregnant and dont know it and they arent even taking any vitamins! good luck with what you decide :hugs:

As long as you are taking it you will be fine- its not necessary to be on it 3 months before TTC..its most important in those first few weeks of pregnancy as the spinal column develops. Doctors recommend taking it early in case there is a whoopsie and you get pregnant without meaning to. Typically by the time you find out you are pregnant it is too late in terms of spinal development. Good luck in your TTC journey!

Agreed with the above - if you're already on it before conceiving, you're good as far as I know. TTC away, I'd say!

Thank you ladies!!! As soon as I get that nasty crown in - we will have all systems go :lol:

I didn't take any until I was 4 weeks with DS3 as I didn't know I was pregnant and not planning on being so lol. Its recommended up to week 12 of pregnancy, and my Dr said that as long s you take it from when you find out it's better than not at all and my DS3 is absolutely fine. Vitamins only need 1 dose to start working, so 2 months will be perfectly fine. Good luck. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->