Folic acid success??

felecia

Just my husband and me
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I had a friend that just found out she's pregnant. She had been trying 3 years with a lot of trouble. Her mom told her to take additional topic acid and she got pregnant 2 weeks later. Did any of you try additional colic acid with a BFP as a result?

folic does not help someone get preggo, it is used to help prevent brain or spinal defects for a newborn.

folic does not help someone get preggo, it is used to help prevent brain or spinal defects for a newborn.

Ok thanks. I didn't think it did, but she said that was the only different thing she did so I was just curious.

Very good to take while TTC though. Good luck!

I heard that they're studying (and see mixed results...so who knows?) that HIGH levels of folic acid may cause twins....

No idea if it's true or not. lol

ALL women of child-bearing age should be taking folic acid though. :)

I heard that they're studying (and see mixed results...so who knows?) that HIGH levels of folic acid may cause twins....

No idea if it's true or not. lol

ALL women of child-bearing age should be taking folic acid though. :)

Hmm, that's interesting. I researched it and it does look like you can take too much of it. I'm taking a prenatal and decided to just add the lower dosage to it being I'm overweight. Figured it would be good for the baby and I did some research that said it does help with conceiving due to getting the proper nutrients. I'm not trying to have twins lol... I'd rather have one healthy baby, but I guess if I do finally conceive and get twins then I'll embrace it. We've been trying for so long I'm just longing for one though lol.

Hiya hun well my nurse at my GP's office said that volic acid can help you get pregnant as you need anothe iron in your body to increase your chance's she also said if you take to much more the 400MCG it can decrease your chance's as to much volic acid can cause problem's with your CM and in most case's make it dry up. Which mean's less or none of EW CM. I bourt some volic acid today 400MCG and im going to start taking it tomorrow im CD4 And dont ov untill around CD15. i will keep you posted on my cycle with volic acid. As i have been TTC for 21month's now with no luck x x x

Sending you ladie's load's of sticky magical baby dust x

Folic acid does increase fertility & egg health and the more you take the better although the max dose should not be higher then 5mg a day (5000mcg).

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-412334/Folic-acid-helps-fertility-women.html

Folic acid slightly increases chance of multiples
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15467542

Folic acid does increase fertility & egg health and the more you take the better although the max dose should not be higher then 5mg a day (5000mcg).

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-412334/Folic-acid-helps-fertility-women.html

Folic acid slightly increases chance of multiples
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15467542

Thanks for the info!

I take 2.5mg per day, plus the 400mcg in my prenatal vitamins.... :)

Twins would be fun.... lol

Just to add, there has been a lot of mention here of the correct dosage to take, my advice would be that if you have diabetes or insulin resistence that you speak with your GP/ consultant. My diabetes consultant confirmed i need to take a higher dose due to type 2 diabetes x

Just to add, there has been a lot of mention here of the correct dosage to take, my advice would be that if you have diabetes or insulin resistence that you speak with your GP/ consultant. My diabetes consultant confirmed i need to take a higher dose due to type 2 diabetes x

I'm starting with the 400 and then will talk to my Gyno Monday. He didn't tell me to take more, but a friend of mine was told to take more due to her weight, even with the prenatal vitamin. I guess that does make sense, so I figured the smaller amount right now wouldn't be harmful, but I'm going to make sure I don't need more Monday. Thanks for letting me know though, I just found out in January I am insulin resistant, so knowing anything helps :)

I take about 4 mg (4000mcg) a day because my BMI is over 30.

I have no clue what my BMI is, I weigh 270 and am 5'7"; just found out I was insulin resistant and was told I have to start eating (kinda contradictory lol). Apparently I am gaining weight and not able to lose weight due to being insulin resistant and being I only ate basically one time a day, everything I ate turned straight to fat.

I'm starting with the 400 and then will talk to my Gyno Monday. He didn't tell me to take more, but a friend of mine was told to take more due to her weight, even with the prenatal vitamin. I guess that does make sense, so I figured the smaller amount right now wouldn't be harmful, but I'm going to make sure I don't need more Monday. Thanks for letting me know though, I just found out in January I am insulin resistant, so knowing anything helps :)

I found out last feb. i agree take the smaller dose until checking, it can't harm.

Good luck x

I have no clue what my BMI is, I weigh 270 and am 5'7"; just found out I was insulin resistant and was told I have to start eating (kinda contradictory lol). Apparently I am gaining weight and not able to lose weight due to being insulin resistant and being I only ate basically one time a day, everything I ate turned straight to fat.

Your BMI is 42 so the higher dose of FA is recommended.
https://www.gofolic.co.uk/higher-risk-groups.aspx

Your BMI is 42 so the higher dose of FA is recommended.
https://www.gofolic.co.uk/higher-risk-groups.aspx

Thank you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back