Folic Acid

Dimbo

Wishing on a star
Reaction score
Hello,

After a trip to my Doc's today, he printed out some information for me and I found this really interesting:

When is the best time to start taking folic acid tablets?
Ideally, start taking folic acid tablets before becoming pregnant. The common advice is to start from the time you plan to become pregnant. If the pregnancy is unplanned then start taking folic acid tablets as soon as you know that you are pregnant. However, a recent study looked at the effect of taking folic acid for a year prior to becoming pregnant. This study looked at the effect folic acid had on reducing preterm labour and delivery of the baby (that is, of having a 'prem' baby). The study found a significant decrease in the rate of preterm delivery for women who took folic acid for one year prior to becoming pregnant. So, you may wish to consider taking folic acid tablets well before you plan to become pregnant.

It''s from the online recourse that Dr's use to give guidance notes to patients. This article can be found here:https://www.patient.co.uk/showdoc/23068728/

I just thought it might be of benefit.

Ive got some but keep forgetting to start taking them. Thanks for reminding me :hugs:

I started taking prenatals - which of course have extra folic acid - about 2 weeks ago. I won't even have my Mirena removed for another 3 weeks, so I'm slightly ahead of the game :)

Thanks for this info Dimbo :)

Thanks for this! I have been taking mine for over a month now and also a girl at work is taking them and I have to remind her every day! ha!!
Good to read this though :) x

Thanks for that - I will go and get some on my way home me thinks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->