Folic Acid

alicea

PCOS
Reaction score
hey im gonna come off the pill in October 2010 then me and OH are gonna TTC from December 2010. I have started taking folic acid, just wondered is there anything else i can take to make sure when i DO conceive that baby is healthy???

and also anything to help fertility???

x

Vitamins said to be helpful for both male and female fertility

- Zinc

- Magnesium

- Vitamin E

- Vitamin C

- Selenium

- Vitamin B6 and B12

Cutting out smoking, drinking and caffeine three months before ttc will help too

thanks booflebump! so if i take multi-vitamins as well should that be ok??? dont really drink (very boring student), dont smoke and WILL need to cut out the caffeine due to taking 3 sugars with each cup ;) i dont know what to do as me and OH afre planning on TTC but are both gonna be at uni when we do, and am worried about going to the doctors as they might look down on me :( do i need to tell the GP im TTC?

Thanks again

x

WILL need to cut out the caffeine due to taking 3 sugars with each cup ;)

:haha: Me too :dohh:

You dont have to tell your GP, no. But going in for a health check (a ttc MOT you could say) is a good idea. I'm sure they wouldnt judge you. They would be happier for you to get advice and support from them etc

Why are you worried that the GP may judge you? I think either you're in a position to take care of a baby, then no-one has a right to an opinion at all and if they complain you shouldn't listen. OR you think they may have a point as you're not ready for some reason (financial, emotional or other), in which case you might want to rethink ttc until you feel more confident that you're in a good position?

you might wanna think of starting prenatal vitamins!
So your body can catch up on all the good vitamins and folic acid, needed for pregnancy!
Good luck.

folic acid is great, you can also take prenatals when ttc. Eat healthy, exercise and take care of yourself. Good luck!

The GP isnt there to judge your reasons why but to make sure your LO to be is as healthy as can be. I would go see him/her to get checked over. You should also have your bloods tested before trying so if there is any abnormalities you can do something about it now!

Good luck! xx

Iron tablets! Your iron levels can fall during pregnancy and a good store of iron can help this.

I have always had a lowish iron levels which dropped during pregnancy and made them keep taking my blood.

Iron tablets! Your iron levels can fall during pregnancy and a good store of iron can help this.

I have always had a lowish iron levels which dropped during pregnancy and made them keep taking my blood.

You would think with low iron they would stop taking your blood :haha:

I like eating spinach since it has got lots of iron in, all the vitamins and minerals you need can be taken in supplements like pregnacare.

Good diet, plenty of exercise(I am trying honest! :rofl:), make sure you get your check for Rubella immunity, folic acid, cut down on caffeine etc etc. All the standard things, I went to my GP who took my bloods to make sure I didn't have any problems and I got the all-clear. :happydance:

No harm in making sure you are as healthy as you can be!

As others have already said, doctors are not there to judge you.

if it helps, I have literally just booked my Pre TTC appointment for a week on saturday with the Doctor... Can't believe that I have actually got an appointment with a doctor, generally our practice will only allow you to make appointments to see health nurses!!! Anyway, I'm more than happy to report back what I find out.

As others have already said, doctors are not there to judge you.

if it helps, I have literally just booked my Pre TTC appointment for a week on saturday with the Doctor... Can't believe that I have actually got an appointment with a doctor, generally our practice will only allow you to make appointments to see health nurses!!! Anyway, I'm more than happy to report back what I find out.

i would love to find out what happens in your appointment - i have booked mine for a week on monday!! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->