Folic Acid?

Samantha87

Reaction score
Ok,
So here is my question. I hear everyone talking about folic Acid. Do you take it when you are TTC? What does it do? What did women do way back in the day when folic acid was not in a pill form....they still had healthy babies..? I just dont want to have to take things when im ttc if i don't have to.

Hi love

You dont "Have" to take it, but it helps prevent spina bif and many other things in the growing fetus. So most women will jump at that chance to take it and it is best to be used before conception like a few months/weeks before if possible and there after when pregnant. You can eat certain foods that will have a folic in it like green leafy vegies but this will never replace how good the folic acid tablet intake is. I am taking them now one each day!! Its easya nd you can buy them from your chemist over the counter no prescription needed adn just plonk one into your mouth daily, easy peasy and a good start to your childs life!!

Like most supplements it can take a couple of months to full get into the system. So it's definitely better to take it before conceiving.

Perhaps take a multi-vit for women ttc!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->