Follicle Question?

lace&pearls

Mummy with PCOS
Reaction score
sorry to post this twice (once in a thread too) I'm just a bit excited?! lol....

hello ladies wondering if you could help me out with some advice...
how large were your follicles for your ladies who have ovulated?.. I had a scan today, was really expecting them to tell me 100mg of clomid hadn't worked, but I saw a big black blob on my left ovary straight away, which she said at the time was 20mm (or something like 20.8 to be precise) and she (the ultrsaound technician) said that's a really good sign, you should hopefully ovulate over the weekend? .... then I went back to tell the nurse, and my results had been printed out, and it says on them the follicle was 24mm, she said that was really good and I would probably ovulate in the next 24 hours, or it could even possibly be too late because they like to see follicles between 18-22mm, but she said it's still possible..

so I don't know?? obv will still in the next few days, but just wondered what your opinions were? .. another thing, I took an OPK yesterday - and it was negative?! x x x x

I had that on Clomid. My follicles grew and grew but there was no LH surge to trigger them to burst :nope: One of the joys of hormonal imbalances :growlmad:
I don't know whether I ovulated that cycle. Most likely the follicles just turned into functional cysts (nothing to wrroy about) as the eggs inside would have died by then...

This is why Im having ovarian drilling - to hopefully correct the hormonal balance.

I do hope that you are different and do ovulate soon

ah I see, is that a common response to clomid with PCOS? when is your ovarian dirlling booked for ? fingers crossed for you xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

is it possible the opks are negative because I'm just not quite ready to ovulate yet? because if the follicles were 20mm as the ultrasound technician said, that would still be a bit small wouldn't it? I just did 2 more OPKs, there was a line on both of them about 50% as dark as the control line, so not +

dont give up hope yet, there is still time for your opks to turn positive, there is also a chance that you just get negative opks as a lot do but still ov, are you temping or have a blood test to confirm ov, fx for you xx

Thanks bumski, I've been feeling a bit diesheartened this afternoon after feeling so elated this morning after my scan lol haven't been temping as I thought originally I would try to be relaxed this cycle and not do opks etc.. I find it hard to do opks cause of the hours I work too, but I do have a blood test which the nurse booked a bit later for me as I don't have a normal 28 day cycle, so will know for sure then :) I really hope I ovulate! :) even if I don't fall pg I'd be so happy! I guess this is at least the closest I have got to ovulating since we started ttc a year ago xxx

I think you'll get a positive opk very soon! So keep going. How's ur cm?

Thank You for the positive vibes Maria :) I Hadn't really had much CM to be honest, not that I remember anyway? lol I think it may have increased slightly, it's a bit hard to tell now though cause of the scan (lube! lol) & bding .. sorry if that's tmi! lol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->