Follow my EPO experience.

PregnantKitty

Reaction score
Today at the docs i had "maybe dilated another cm" so am between 3-4cms and the baby is engaged and "very low" according to my OB so I've decided to get the ball rolling.

Last pregnancy i went into labor within a week or two of taking/inserting it and considering with my 1st i went 3 wks overdue and was still not dilated at all when induced, i am hopeful the epo will work again.

So I've decided to log my progress here for any who are curious of it's effectiveness.

Today, 2/3/15. 37wks:
Took two epo 1,300mg pills orally at 3pm.
Plan on inserting two more tonight. Will update after i do if i get any symptoms.

So you were already 3-4 cm dilated before starting?

Yup. I've been 3 cms for a couple weeks now becauze i went into preterm labor at 34 wks.

So here's an update:
10:30Pm inserted one 1,300mg epo vaginally. Popped a hole in it first.
Going to try to sleep. Will update if i have any contractions or anything. I didnt insert it as far back as i probably could've but it was leaky on my hands from poking it and kept slipping so i just pushed it back as far as i could real quick. Lol.

Epo worked great for me last pregnancy! This time around I started taking it and was getting horrible rashes on my stomach, chest, and arms.... Read skin rash can be a side effect :( I quit taking it after a few days.... It's been a wk now and the rash is gone .... Totally bummed ;/. Good luck!! I give it just a few days and you will be in labor!

My son woke me up at 1am.

A few BH so far but nothing major and now im sitting up so i think im gonna insert another one whenever i go back to bed.

I've felt... off for the past few hours but that could be because I've eaten a ton of junk food and may be the sugar getting to me.

Update
1/4/15

Had on and off contractions last night. Was very uncomfortable.

Then today all day i am dizzy as hell and am light-headed. Not sure if it's the epo or something else.
Still having the random contraction but nothing consistent. Fun, fun.

Okay so i think the 1,300mg may be a bit too strong. I took 2-3 500 mg with my last pregnancy but usually spaced out throughout the day.

So i think they are whay has been causing my dizziness but i havent been able to find a smaller mg sooo my plan is to not take them orally anymore and.to just insert two at night vaginally.

Hopefully this will still work and help as my hips and pelvis have been killing me this whole last tri.

I HAVE noticed though that I havent gotteb a charlie horse or had foot/ankle pain since i took the epo yesterday. So that's a plus.

At any rate, I'll update tonight.
And i would reccommend the 500mg if you can find them.

Update 2/5/15:

Had a few contractions last night after instering one but that's about it. Hmmm.

Following. I started taking one orally each morning (30 weeks). I'm going to start vaginally at 37 weeks. A friend of mine recommended putting them in a plastic tampon applicator (tampon removed obviously) and inserting them that way!

That's genius !!! I can't even reach anywhere near cervix when inserting... Not sure if even a point really lol.... Last time around Baby's head was engaged early and it was easily reachable ....

I'll be honest...I don't know how to find my cervix.....I've googled it and still don't understand.

Today at the docs i had "maybe dilated another cm" so am between 3-4cms and the baby is engaged and "very low" according to my OB so I've decided to get the ball rolling.

Last pregnancy i went into labor within a week or two of taking/inserting it and considering with my 1st i went 3 wks overdue and was still not dilated at all when induced, i am hopeful the epo will work again.

So I've decided to log my progress here for any who are curious of it's effectiveness.

Today, 2/3/15. 37wks:
Took two epo 1,300mg pills orally at 3pm.
Plan on inserting two more tonight. Will update after i do if i get any symptoms.

Stalking the thread, as I did this with my second pregnancy and it WORKED but I have no "proof" that it was the EPO that started the labour. Excited to see your progress and I will be doing the same at 37 weeks.

2/5/15
Going to take one more orally in a moment. Lost a bit of mucous plug today. No blood though and very few bh.

@stillpraying: ikr?
I've never been able to find my cervix buuut it's an oil. If you insert before bed as far as you can then a good amount of it is gonna make it there, i imagine.

I know this might sound weird but i was considering inserting one before sex.. i mean that's gauranteed to get it as far back as possible and some people use baby oil as lubricant so i imagine epo wouldnt hurt. Buuut i dunno.

Any experience or thoughts on this, ladies?

Just had a REALLY strong contraction out of nowhere about 10 mins ago. Let's hope for more.

Then another strong contraction exactly an hour later. Lol.

That one hurt though.

Haha I dtd with it in there before ... I don't think it hurt any.... I didn't tell DH there was on in there either though lol wonder what he woulda thought! Pretty sure it dissolved during sex too.... Making it a bit messier :/ yuck..... Haven't done that again since lol

Awwww. No more contractions. Gonna try inserting one in a few and getting the hubby to give me some luvins. Lol.

:blush:

I just went and bought some. Old bottle expired and only could find 1,000 mg. As I recall it took about a week for mine to work last pregnancy. I started at 36 weeks on the dot thinking it would take 2-3 weeks. 6 days later I went into labor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->