Follow my EPO experience.

Stalking! Where do you buy it from? Can you just get it in supermarkets?

Stalking! Where do you buy it from? Can you just get it in supermarkets?

I got mine in the pharmacy section at a local supermarket. It was kinda hard to find and costed me $11. :/
Buuut id say it's worth it if they help. Lol.

And here's an update for everyone:
2/6/15
Dtd last night with a pill in. Had a few contractions after but so far theyve tapered off. Really hoping to get this going so I'm gonna try taking one orally in a bit, too.

I've just been in a lot of pain and am tired of it.

At any rate, I'll update if anything happens!

Took one orally earlier, have had a few contractions randomly but very few, unfortunately.

Not much else to share except that I'm super restlessfor some reason and so is my DH it seems.

Hopefully it's a sign our subconscious knows something we dont. :p

Update 2/7/15:

Off and on contractions last night and some weird, weird dreams. Lol. Let's hope things pick up, today. :)

Bought some! Took 1 about 5 minutes ago... no baby as of yet.

How exciting! Hopefully things pick up for you today.

Update 2/7/15 10:00pm:
Having lower back pain, period-like cramps and some braxton hicks and pain in my hoohah, like LO is bouncing on my cervix.

I hope this is the start to something because this all hurts. Lol.

2/9/15

Nothing new to update really. Some bh and back pain here or there but i have a doc appt tomorrow so we'll see how I've progressed. :)

2/10/15
7am

Oooh i MAY be in labor. Had some really strong contractions one right after the other about a half hour ago and now just having the occasional one, but my lower back is killing me. Oy. Maybe this is the "back labor" i keep hearing about...

At any rate, I'll update as things go on.

Wish me luck.

Ooo best of luck! I hope this is it for you.

You ladies should check with your midwifes/doctors before taking EPO as it can increase the risk of complications. I have done loads of research into it and have decided not to risk it. Please read the below article

https://vbacfacts.com/2012/11/13/evening-primrose-oil-dont-use-it-if-you-are-pregnant/

2/10/15
3pm update:

Doc says im dilated to 4-4.5 and baby is about as low as it gets. Lol. He stripped my membranes so we'll see if anything happens tonight.

It would be kinda funny if it happened tonight because hubby and I are staying in a fancy hotel tonight as a sort of early Valentine's Day.

You ladies should check with your midwifes/doctors before taking EPO as it can increase the risk of complications. I have done loads of research into it and have decided not to risk it. Please read the below article

https://vbacfacts.com/2012/11/13/evening-primrose-oil-dont-use-it-if-you-are-pregnant/

I agree everyone should check with their OB or midwife but my OB has said it's fine and i know that many midwifes even reccommend it.
I have taken it before and had a very smooth labor and delivery as opposed to when i didnt with my first and had a lot of complications, a long and painful labor and tore pretty bad.

So for me i consider it safe but of course everyone should do their own research and weigh their options.

There is always going to be research that goes both ways, and it isn't right for everyone. My midwife recommended it as did the OB I saw for my anatomy scan. I had tearing with my first and I am trying to avoid that.

katestar I did read the article as I am a firm believer in hearing all sides, but the article is from 2012 and there are actually a number of studies that the author did not include, which was pointed out in the comments.

I think I'm just a bit more weary as I'm hoping for a vbac & I heard it can soften your scar which can lead to a higher risk of rupture but really hope it helps your ladies :)

2/10/15
3pm update:

Doc says im dilated to 4-4.5 and baby is about as low as it gets. Lol. He stripped my membranes so we'll see if anything happens tonight.

It would be kinda funny if it happened tonight because hubby and I are staying in a fancy hotel tonight as a sort of early Valentine's Day.

That's brilliant news! Hopefully things move nice and quickly for you.

I didn't know of any complications, thank you for pointing this out to me.

I'm gunna speak to my midwife before taking anymore but I can't see why she'd be against it.

I've been using it for perineal massage in a hope to prevent tearing. Think I'll continue with that as I've read good things about it.

What strength epo is everyone using? I bought some and used it for just a few days.... Then quit ..... It's been a few wks now... Thinking to start back up!

What strength epo is everyone using? I bought some and used it for just a few days.... Then quit ..... It's been a few wks now... Thinking to start back up!

Im taking 1300mg orally and 1300mg vaginally bwcause that's the only mg i could find.

However, id recommend starting with the 500mg pills and seeing how that works for you before upping to 1000 or more and making sure you always notify tour OB or midwife about it and get their advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->