fontanelle...?

TennisGal

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

My DD had a biggish piece of cradle cap - I thought it was on her head, so removed it with my little finger nail...just a quick pick (and only because it was loose)

I then realised it was actually on her fontanelle - can I have caused any harm in anyway at all?

I wouldn't think so. Cradle cap can occur all over the head. Wash LO's hair daily, and you can use a mineral oil to loosen more of it, making it easier to remover. As for the fontanelle... as long as you're not removing actual skin, you're fine.

It's fine to touch it and massage shampoo over it, just obviously don't go putting lots of pressure on it (like you wouldn't any part of her head!)

There's no problem at all with touching the fontanelle. Various times, my daughter has had a lot of pressure put on hers to test the tension in her head (because of her HC). We check her fontanelle all the time to make sure she isn't ill. Don't worry about it.

If you brush her hair after washing with a soft brush, even if she hasn't got much hair, it should get rid quite quickly! A little tip off a neighbour!
xx x

Sorry to hijack but I'm really glad I read that because I did exactly the same thing and was getting myself into a tizzy about it!I just feel really weary of them and I don't know why but they really scare me :blush: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->