Food and Drink

c1403

Reaction score
Don't think I've seen a Food and Drink thread yet ...

Started writing my list today and booked a slot in Asda.

We have decided to have a junky/buffet dinner Christmas Eve. Girls will like chicken pieces, potatoes croquettes etc. Thinking cheese and crackers, olives/antipasti for me and DH plus random party bits.
Salmon and scrambled eggs for breakfast

Christmas day will be traditional roast turkey, potatoes and all the trimmings.
Breakfast probably cereal and crumpets (we don't tend to have a huge breakfast Xmas day)

Last edited:
Ooh that sounds delicious! I am not sure if we are staying at home on Christmas day or going to MIL's, so I've not decided on food yet.

Ooh that sounds delicious! I am not sure if we are staying at home on Christmas day or going to MIL's, so I've not decided on food yet.
I still don't know if DH is working boxing day but he is definitely off Xmas Eve and day. Always spend it at home just us four. My parents would love to come to us but they have my nan who can't get out or travel far. We'll be going there boxing day.

Fingers crossed your DH can be off for boxing day too :)

We also do a buffet of Christmas eve, sausage rolls, crisps, dips, anything goes really.
Christmas day I'm not sure what meat we will have yet but traditional roast, veg, potatoes, Yorkshire puds, stuffing etc I've got a chocolate orange viennetta in the freezer already as well as some snack bits, some drinks and other bits and pieces. We usually just have dinner early then cheeses in the evening.
Boxing day is a buffet again but with cold cut meats and pickles and pies, cheeses and things. Also if there was left overs from Christmas dinner we will do something with that, even if it's just another mini dinner.

We will probs go out for food on Xmas eve again. Saves the dishes!

Christmas dinner I’m going to stay home and do my own again.

Boxing Day will go to my mams who will make a little buffet

What's on your buffet lists?

I've been looking at M&S party foods. Trying to convince my mum to do an order for the 22nd as we are all going to hers, I am going back to her on the 26th too but without DH. He's working 27th-31st!

I usually get a huntsman pork pie, do saus, cheese and onion on sticks (more for me as I love these) dips and different bread sticks, party food selections from supermarket such as chicken skewers, mozerella sticks, mini pizzas, pigs in blankets, Indian selection with mint dip, chicken bites selection, chicken wings, bbq ribs, home made scotch eggs, selection of crisps just to name a few ideas lol.
We are unsure what to do Xmas eve as Xmas day is hectic, I have 15 round who I cook for as well as me dh and dd, Christmas Eve we spend several hours prepping for Christmas Day. We want it to be just us 3 on Christmas Eve as from 9am Christmas Day we have visitors all day, any ideas / suggestions very welcome

We go to a family party Xmas eve with a whole array of tasty hot food so then for tea we just have some picky food...crisps, sausage rolls, veg sticks and dips sort of thing while we watch a Christmas film before bed.

This year is the very first year I am staying home and cooking dinner for me and the kids :xmas1: I don’t eat meat and the kids have requested gammon in the slow cooker so I will put that in the night before on low to take out the hassle of doing it on the day. Then there will be all the trimmings, pigs in blankets, Yorkshire’s, roast potatoes and lots of veg...hopefully :xmas13:

All sounds delicious.

Normally on Christmas Eve we all have a easy meal like salmon, rice and veg but I fancies trying a buffet or as we call it junky dinner ha ha
Asda have Christmas tree shaped chicken nuggets, the girls would love them lol

We've decided we're staying at home this year. We've bought a frozen Christmas turkey and will be having that with roast potatoes, parsnips, pigs in blankets, stuffing and various veg. Not sure what we're having for dessert yet.

For breakfast - crumpets and waffles.

For dinner - chicken instead of turkey (not a fan of turkey) and lamb which goes in the slow cooker. Then roasted carrots/parsnips, stuffing, pigs in blankets, cabbage, mash, roasties and yorkies.
Dessert - homemade mini cheesecakes

Tea - cheese, crackers and mini buffet

Xmas eve we're going out for a pub tea with oh's mum, sister, her oh and niece. I'd prefer a takeaway tbh but his mum pays and she fancies a change.
For xmas day breakfast I want to do a cooked one this year so we can skip lunch. Thinking eggs, bacon, pancakes etc. We have Xmas dinner (turkey with all the trimmings) at my mum's, usually around 5 so pretty late!
Boxing day we usually have another pub tea with OH's nan and his dad's family.

We'll probably have a buffet type tea on Christmas Eve. Lots of different cheeses, crusty bread, crackers, dips, crisps, chutney and veg sticks.

I think we're going to in-laws for Xmas dinner, so won't need to get much for that. I'm veggie, so I usually make a squash, chestnut, Wensleydale cheese and cranberry Wellington for my dinner to take.

Boxing day we'll probably have another buffet (my fav Xmas meal!)

All this food sounds amazing !

We are going to the in laws on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day cannot wait ! So We are just going to do a “normal” shop but get a few extra treats / Christmassy food / drinks. Otherwise it will end up like last year so much food going to waste !

We are closer to the inlaws this year, so i am happy to say for the first time in 7 years i don't have to cook Christmas eve or Christmas dinner, i am just going to be making breakfast on Christmas day ( Bacon, eggs, cinnamon buns and fruit) and on boxing day we will have a buffet dinner at home. I am a bit jealous of everyone having crumpets lol i miss those and so does my american hubby, haven't been able to find them over here in the states yet!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->