Foods to Avoid and Foods to Increase Chances of Conceiving?

makeupgirl

Reaction score
I've done bits of research here and there but nothing has really jumped out that made a lot of sense.. (thanks internet!) Do you ladies have any recommendations of things to avoid and things you would encourage eating/trying while TTC?

I'm avoiding all caffeine(except my morning 8oz cup of coffee). One 8oz cup is ok. I'm taking 500mg of Vit C with a glass of OJ. It's recommended to take 750mg but 500(and whatever the amt is in OJ) is working for me. Vit C is helpful for low progesterone(I think) and egg health. With what I'm doing I'm definitely seeing a difference with CM and temps.

Not sure if this helps but I found this regarding vitamins to take when ttc: https://www.thebump.com/a/vitamins-you-need-to-conceive

Maybe you could look up foods that contain high levels of those vitamins and try to eat as many of those as possible. As to what to avoid, as the pp said caffein is a big one. That really is hard for me because I love drinking black tea and I also use caffein sometimes to take away migraines that I'm prone to getting during my cycle. You probably already know this but alcohol, smoking and over the counter drugs such as ibuprofen and high dose aspirin should be avoided. Low dose aspirin can be taken (up to 81 mg per day), in fact I've read that taking low dose aspirin once a day while you're ttc can help build uterine lining. Try to watch how much sugar you consume as well to avoid gestational diabetes when you do become pregnant.

Here are some food suggestion, but before you have them, make sure you are not allergic to any of these products.

Some food that contained folic acid, and something like pumpkin seed, whole grain and olive oil!

This one is about the Herbal organic product
https://www.knowhen.com/index.php/2...organic-product-increases-fertility-naturally

should increase dark green leafy veg like spinnach, egg, honey , broccoli, flaxseed, sunflower and pumpkin seed, lemon, milk, off the top of my head. And i personally have a few glasses of wine once a month and limit my coffee to 2 cups a day but not give up anything really

I have a question to expand on this - if you are eating the right foods and getting enough nutrients, do you need to take prenatals still?

I definitely took prenatal, folic acid (in 35), dha. I set pineapple with the core from 1dpo-9dpo. Bcomplex pre-O, and b6 post O.

Thank you ladies so much for all of your help! I will check those links out this evening :) AF has just ended and it's our first cycle TTC so I'm going to be eating as many of these foods as possible over the next few weeks!! Haha :) I've started taking the Centrum pre-pregnancy vitamins because I couldn't find anything else here in the UK that has as much folic acid. Any of you ladies heard of these?

Not sure if this helps but I found this regarding vitamins to take when ttc: https://www.thebump.com/a/vitamins-you-need-to-conceive

Maybe you could look up foods that contain high levels of those vitamins and try to eat as many of those as possible. As to what to avoid, as the pp said caffein is a big one. That really is hard for me because I love drinking black tea and I also use caffein sometimes to take away migraines that I'm prone to getting during my cycle. You probably already know this but alcohol, smoking and over the counter drugs such as ibuprofen and high dose aspirin should be avoided. Low dose aspirin can be taken (up to 81 mg per day), in fact I've read that taking low dose aspirin once a day while you're ttc can help build uterine lining. Try to watch how much sugar you consume as well to avoid gestational diabetes when you do become pregnant.

I can't have caffeine as I'm intolerant (sad, I know :cry: ) I miss coffee and black tea!! I didn't know about the ibuprofen! Good to know! I take that often for headaches. I'll see if they have any baby aspirin around here and take one of those. And I'll tryyyyyyyyyy to lay off the donuts until we're lucky enough to conceive :haha: Hehehehe.

Been ttc for a year and I finally got my bfp early October. The things I did
different that cycle where I took coral calcium vitamin and L-Arginine vitamin.I also drank tons of grapefruit juice.I also used preseed and softcups but I used these in previous cycles.hope you get your bfp soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->