Foot and Mouth... Contagious..?

C

Ceejay123

I'm quite annoyed at the moment, and want to make sure my anger is justified.

I've got 'family' over from Germany. The reason I say family, is because I've an uncle i've met maybe.. 10 times. He got married last year, and his wife thinks we're all one big happy family now. SHe's nice, but she's not my type of person. I get hyper phone calls from her at 6 in the morning, and she interferes in family drama. (Ive never met her)

Anyway she wanted to meet up, as shes over... Which i was already dreading. Thought I better make an effort to meet my uncles son. So I asked my Dads parents if they wanted us all to go out to dinner saturday...

So i find out today that her LO has got foot and mouth.. Yet she wasn't going to tell me because she still wanted to meet up with me! I only found out on a whim. Is Foot and Mouth contagious? Shouldnt she have told me or cancelled?!? my LO is 9 months! x

It is highly contagious. You need to cancel the meeting until everyone is well (or at least cleared by a doctor). They nearly had to shut down the day care center I was at because all the kids (and some of the teachers) caught it from each other and were passing it around.

I was sure it was contagious! They've even had to cancel their Monday flight - So why the hell hasn't she told me?! Not a happy bunny :( ! Lol I only found out because of something her friend said on Facebook, she would have happily brought him near my son. x

We have had it in our house. Highly contagious but not too bad, I hadn't even heard of hand foot and mouth before erin came down with it x

Yes it is contagious but not that serious generally, just a bit icky.

I think I'm just feeling very hurt that she felt it wasn't important to keep my son away from this. :( She genuinely wasn't going to tell me, because they go home on Monday and she wants to see my son. How's it fair to infect him iykwim? x

my lo had it,but none of the rest of us got it including her brother. She definately should have told you thats very irresponsible

I agree she should have told you. We caught it from my little brother, but he didn't get any symptoms til the day after we had close contact with him.

We initially thought it was slapped cheek and I had to go for tests cos im pregnant, but luckily it was HFM. I think thats why it wasn't too bad for me, it could have been a lot worse lol I was relieved.

Erin had a temp, upset tummy, blisters round and inside her mouth, on her private parts, palms of her hands and the soles of her feet. Lasted about a week I think but is active in their poo for some time after..I think thats worth pointing out if your visit with them is postponed

They're supposed to fly back to Germany on Monday - I don't see how they can though. I do feel sorry for the poor mite :( x

btw just to add, foot & mouth disease is the one animals get and a totally different virus to hand, foot & mouth disease which is really common in small children and babies.

Now she's insisting that her husband (My uncle) come see my LO and give him a present...!? Can he carry the infection? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->