• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

For current moms/mums - Was your 1st baby early, late, or on time?

HopefulEm

Reaction score
I was just told recently by my MIL that first babies tend not to be early. Was this true for you?

Thanks Ladies!

I have voted on time as I went into labour early hours of EDD but she arrived day after which is close enough for me :)

I voted ontime. But I went into labour the morning after my due date. However, I had a 72 hour labour, so she wasn't actually born until 3 days later!

I went into labour the evening before due date and LO arrived right on time at 10am the next day. I'm an editor, so always joke that he was born knowing how to meet a deadline.

Apparently only 5 percent of babies actually arrive on their due date, so this poll is a bit misleading so far. Most people I know went over by at least a few days. The 'latest' baby I know of was 18 days after EDD.

I voted on-time but I was induced 4 days prior to due date & it took that long for him to arrive. Unfortunately my placenta was degenerating as I think left to his own devices he'd have waited a while.

My daughter was exactly a week early, I went into labor on the 29th, she was born on the 30th (of August) and her due date was September 6th :thumbup:

Callum was a week and a half early xx

First baby was four days early. Second baby was 14 days early.

I chose on time as i started having contractions on my due date the 5th and had him on the 9th x

First baby came bang on due date, second came the day before due date

Mine was 5 days late, started having twinges on edd 10th, sweep on the 13th, labour on the 14th had him on the 15th :) x

My son was 4 days early. Awaiting the arrival of my second, shes got until Sunday to beat her brother but i think shes staying put x

My kid gave us all the trouble in the world getting him out of there :haha: Was induced at 41 weeks, then had c-section, so he was a week late.

I was induced 6 days over due to high blood pressure, took her another 5 days to appear she just didn't want to come out! So I was 11 days late :)

My first was born 11 weeks early.

Labour started at 4:30am on his due date, he was born 11hrs later :) As a PP mentioned, it's not common for them to arrive exactly on their dute date (rates in Aust. are around 3% I believe).

I think the stat here is around 70% go past their due date but less than 5% go past 42 weeks.

Having said that, one of my girlfriend's was 10 days early with her first and another 6 days early.

It'll come when it's ready :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->