For everyone who has gotten a BFP - can you share your story

leelee

Mammy to 2
Reaction score
Hi,

It just struck me that there are a lot of threads were people are asking how long it takes to get a :bfp:, what did you did etc etc.

I was just wondering if the ladies who have gotten their :bfp: would mind sharing with us:

*What age you are
*How long you were TTC
*How often you BD'd, or did you use Smep etc
* Did you chart, use OPK's or use nothing

Feel free to share as much/as little info as possible. I think it would really help us TTC'ers!

Hiya,

I'm 26 (hubby is 25)
We charted for 4 cycles, but managed to get out :bfp: on our 1st cycle of trying (we are hoping that it sticks)
We used IC OPK's and pre seed (internal and external)
I took evening primrose oil from 1st day of AF until OV

My 2WW symptoms were very gassy, cramps (period like pains), nausea, I could smell EVERYTHING and I had a metallic taste in my mouth.

Got a strong :bfp: on 13DPO (AF due day) with a FRER and confirmed it with a digi

Best of luck girls!

im 30 mum to 3

we tried last november 28th by december i was pregnant athough i did misscarry in feb.
never charted just bd every 2nd day.
been trying since march and still no bfp hopefully this month.

Sadly I lost my baby @ 7+2weeks :cry: but i will tell u about my :bfp:, I had a mc and after that I started charting and bought IC opks from amazon, the first cycle of charting i never used the opks just temped and :witch: came ontime, then the second cycle charting i used opks and got preg that cycle, so in all took 2 cycles to bet my :bfp: also I got my :bfp: at just 9dpo.
symptoms were from 5dpo tiredness, constipation, and general wanna kill hubby kind of feeling :rofl: xxxxx

im 30 mum to 3

we tried last november 28th by december i was pregnant athough i did misscarry in feb.

good luck huns, :dust:
4 days till my AF and we trying again i sadly mc in nov 08 and then again in feb 09, so we are now trying for baby 3 and hoping to be third time lucky too...so hun u gonna be a may tester like myself although im the end of may according to AF :rofl: xox

Hi,
-I am nearly 31 and DH is 30 in a few months. I've had no pregnancies before so didn't know if I could conceive.
-Came off BCP summer 2008 and stopped using condoms End Nov.
-Researched fertile times, etc, in Dec 2008 and officially TTC from Jan 09.
-3 close friends fell pg in first month and 2 are on their second pregnancies so felt pressure to achieve this too. Was frustrated when it didn't happen (stupid, I know!) but they always go on about how fertile they are!
-Put even more pressure on myself to fall pg quickly as I wanted maternity leave to concide with certain things at work - crazy and ridiculous, I know!
-Got really stressed out Feb and ended up getting a bad case of thrush from all the stressed-out BD'ing, mostly at the end of the day when tired from work, something like 12 days in a row.
-AF came a week early because of this and all the worry of 'can I take Canesten while TTC?' etc.
-Felt rubbish.
-Effectively counted March out as I didn't know what my cycle would be after Feb's early arrival.
-Decided I had gone up Crazy Mountain and was definitely on the way back down and realised I had to majorly chill out.
-Bought Zita West's 'Fertility and Conception' and followed as much of her advice as I reasonably could, alongside a chilled-out attitude, honest!
-Didn't temp or use OPKs, but was thinking about it for next month.
-Was on holiday for 2 weeks, it definitely helped to relax me and DH, who had 1 week off.
-Just had this feeling that this was my month.

What might have helped me (fingers crossed it all goes well)...........

*Chilling out.... difficult to do but it did help after a few stressful months.
*Big PMA.
*Being on holiday so BD'ing was much better as we weren't tired out from work. We didn't go away, just stayed at home.
*Massages from DH to relax.
*Reading Zita West's 'Fertility and Conception' - very informative and I really recommend it to you.
*Taking Pregnacare Conception and Omega 3 pills.
*No tea or coffee AT ALL - not even one or two cups a day. I had some every other month and Zita West says caffeine can increase the time it takes to conceive - this may have applied to me.
*Keeping my lower abdomen warm with a cosy blanket during BD'ing, ov and 2ww - another Zita West tip, although she said to use a hot water bottle.
*BD'ing every day at fertile period, which we've done before, but again, the BD'ing was better and more relaxed than in previous months.
*BD'ing in the morning, sperm counts are higher?
*DH took a few Wellman and Omega 3 pills, but only started this month so can't really count that.
*Eating more healthily, although I have been doing that really since TTC. Warming foods like soups, casseroles, well-cooked meat, etc - more Zita tips.

I 'knew' or 'felt' that I could be pg because I had those bumps on my nipples on Thurs night, and I was extremely tired all week, but that could have partly been due to my first week back at work. So I did the Tesco test Fri (faint line) then digi Sat (pg).

I hope this helps anyone TTC, as I know how stressful frustrating the whole experience can be, and I'm still hoping, hoping, hoping that everything will be OK.

I feel very lucky that it has happened so quickly in relation to other TTC'ers experiences, and so don't want to compare my few months of stress with the longer periods of anguish and hurt that I see on here, so fingers crossed for everyone.

Good luck to all.oxoxox
:hug:

Will add if I think of any more.

god it feels so long since i saw a :bfp: it was 28th oct 2003,my son was born in july 2004 at the time we got pregnant on our 1st cycle i didnt use anything..no ovulation tests even just chanced my arm and it paid off,this time im trying for 18 months and havnt been so lucky so im trying to have the attitude i had back then and not let it take over my mind but its hard and everyone keeps saying how nerves can stop it from happening :hissy:

hi, im 27 and used a donor for AI who is 36.

this was my 4 month ttc but 2nd month where the timing was right,(the other 2 cycles i ovulated late and wasnt able to do more ai.

i always had a good feeling about this cycle as it would mean baby would be due in dec and most of my family are born in dec.

so i threw everything at it.

used cbfm, opk, pre seed, i drank grapefruit juice from cd 10 (yuck but i think it helped) i had reflexology on cd 5 and cd 15 (ov on cd 16)
and i used instead cups.
i also did AI on cd 14, 15,16. (had only done 2 up til then)
i also did bbt for the first time and it was great to see ov, i got an implantation dip on 6dpo and was great to see my temp go up and up.

im normally a negative person, i think if i look on the nevative side i wont be too dissapointed when i get a bfn, but this cycle i decieded to go with a pma approach.

think thats it, i didnt really have any symptoms, i was starving from cd6 day of implantation, and on 9dpo i got a few twinges. i got my bfp on 10dpo.

hope this helps

hi .. iam loving this thread as iam still waiting for my :bfp:

:hug:

Hi everyone,

What brilliant replies. Thanks ladies. Hopefully some more will add their stories as well.

Sorry to hear about your losses Taylor1978 and Charliemarina. Congrats to everyone else on your :bfp:

Cherrycheery, congrats on your :bfp:. I am in a similar situation to you. 4 of my very close friends are pregnant (one on her 2nd) and I am feeling a bit under pressure as well. I have bought 'Taking Control of your Fertility' but think I will buy Zita West's book as well.

im 30 mum to 3

good luck huns, :dust:
4 days till my AF and we trying again i sadly mc in nov 08 and then again in feb 09, so we are now trying for baby 3 and hoping to be third time lucky too...so hun u gonna be a may tester like myself although im the end of may according to AF :rofl: xox

tks hun my af will be due around the 16th of may goodluck and im sorry abour misscarriges im hoping u get ur bfp soon and a healthy pregnacy.

I'm 25, DH is 26, got my :bfp: yesterday at 11dpo!!

Amazingly it was our first month ttc after the pill, can't believe how lucky I am I thought we were in it for the long haul! I had a withdrawal bleed which I counted as CD1, I know everyone says wait until your periods settle down again but I didn't want to waste any time and decided to start as I mean to go on!:rofl: So used OPKs from CD10, and monitored CM, got pos OPKs CD19 and 20, we BD plenty around this time!:happydance: Also used preseed, and have been taking pregnacare conception, cut right down on caffeine to only one cup of tea a day (and it's killing me lol). I used FF to record everything as I'm rubbish at working things out myself :blush: didn't temp, though I would have started to if it didn't work out this cycle. I also managed to lose some weight (1 stone) just before we started ttc, think this helped a bit as well.

Tested on 10dpo and got a very very faint :bfp:, DH thought I was seeing things though. Tested again at 11dpo and the line was much stronger, no denying it! Hoping and praying it's a sticky bean! :cloud9:

I'm 28, got bfp on 1st cycle of ttc, we bd everyday and I also used agnus castus and opks. That said I got a bfp 1st cycle last time (sadly ended in mc) and did not use any of those things and just bd everyday. - had loads of symptoms, gassy,tired,sore boobs but the biggest symptom for me was that veins appeared on my boobs xx

I'm 38, DH is 37.

I came of cerazette in september 08, we tried for two months but DH had back issues and found it difficult to er perform at the right times, this was our test run if you like. So we took a break from TTC until Feb 09. In March I got my BFP, so 2 cycles total.

I took vitamin b 100 complex as I had issues with irregular and longish cycles also I didn't produce much EWCM until I took the B vits. That soon changed my cycles shortened and was was OVing earlier with lots of nice fertile CM.

We BD'd on the following cycle days around Ov: 12, 13 and 16

got a positive Opk on CD 14 so I estimated I ovulated on CD 15.

During the whole time (up until I got the BFP) I drank moderately (within 14 units allowed per week). I consumed caffeine. I ate what I wanted to and generally enjoyed life as I didn't see the point putting everything on hold. I think I was happier and more relaxed as a result.

I didn't chart I found it too stressful and it makes the cycle seem to drag on endlessly.

I did the HPT on the day my period was due, mainly because I forgot and also because I didn't see the point in stressing myself out by doing on earlier and it being negative.

I know everyone on this forum will hate me for saying it but it is so much easier if you do relax and don't make it the sole focus of your life. I also stayed away from the forums for the most part. Whilst information is a good thing I found reading stories from others not very comforting and made my stress levels worse rather than better and I didn't feel at that stage that I could be of any use/support to someone else.

HTH

Hi,

Im 26 my oh is 32.Was on the pill for ten years, came off nov 07 and started ttc in August 08.Got my BFP on mothers day in march!

I used OPK most months as my periods were a bt eratic, but i didnt temp or ause anything else.Did not have sex rigidly, the month we conceived we only had sex twice, two days before the opk was pos and the morning before the opk.Once i got the opk i didnt actially bother having sex again as felt we had covered it-which we obv had!

good luck all:happydance:

Hi,

I'm 29, OH is 35. I stopped taking the pill after Christmas 2008. My cycles returned to a regular 26-28 days within the first cycle. On the third cycle I started temping and discovered that my luteal phase was only 8 days. Started taking B-50 complex on cycle 4 to try to lengthen LP.

During cycle 4 I got a positive OPK on CD13 and temps starting rising, but then they fell and it turns out I had a fake-out Ov. On CD23 I was convinced I was going to have an anovulatory cycle but on CD24 I finally ovulated! We had BDed 2 days on 1 day off for the week leading up to Ov.

I had cramping from 4DPO and then had a textbook implant dip at 7DPO. I tested on 10DPO with FMU and had a faint line on an IC. I bought a Discovery brand test and tested 4 hours later and had a strong line!

I hope everyone TTC gets their BFPs soon.

hi im 41 dh is 37, mum to 4 no 5 on the way mc dec 23rd got preggie by accident ! then decided to try cus kinda got used to the idea got my :bfp: 8th of april at 7 dpo and a strong line too was quite shocked cus i thought it would take longer good luck with your :bfp: :hug: sadly ended in mc at 6 weeks

I am 28, DH is 38. We started to TTC in Feb '99 but seeing as I have severe PCOS and only get a cycle every 6-9 months, we did not have much luck. Over the years, we did everything... BCPs to regulate cycles (EPIC FAILURE), Clomid (FAIL), IUI (Fail), Injections (Fail). Finally, last December they told us that our last option was IVF but that is completely unaffordable for us so we just stopped. We decided to go back to being a happy married couple and enjoy life.

My last period was in early December and as I went off all the meds, just forgot about it. On St. Patricks Day of this year, I was feeling a bit sickly and has the internet cheapies laying around so I figured why not take one. What do you know?! :bfp:

So, once we decided not to try, it happened and it is SUCH irony because I used to get violently angry when people would tell me to stop trying so hard. :dohh:

God works in mysterious ways, I guess.

:dust: to all the TTCers. I have been there for 10 long years. I totally understand the frustrations!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->